Attempt to Bomb Plane landing in Detroit

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
A guy with proported ties to Al Quada tried to blow up a plane as it descended for landing in Detriot. (Hey, Detriot AGAIN.)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/200...rline-attack-disturbing-pledge-hold-hearings/http://www.youtube.com/v/7uGdbh7Ccb...&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param

I think this proves two things (besides the fact that Fox News puts really WEIRD link names on articles):

1. - Where there's a will, there's a way...determined terrorists will find new materials and methods of getting their bombs on-board. (Not saying we should make it any easier for them, though.)

2. - The people will no longer sit quietly while someone tries to take or explode a plane. Go passengers!

Susan G.

sulong

It's a matter of what is.
Registered
Reaction score
I think this proves two things (besides the fact that Fox News puts really WEIRD link names on articles):

1. - Where there's a will, there's a way...determined terrorists will find new materials and methods of getting their bombs on-board. (Not saying we should make it any easier for them, though.)

Susan G.

The simple solution is to have all passengers and crew board planes naked.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
All passengers will be stripped, searched, and placed in individual cryo units where they will be put to sleep for the duration of the flight. All possessions will be thoroughly searched and/or discarded and will be sent by truck. Expect all possessions to arrive within two to four weeks. Having someone at the airport with a new set of clothes for the now naked passenger is strongly advised. We are not responsible for any injuries or death that might occur. Thank you for flying and have a nice day.

:D

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
All passengers will be [...] placed in individual cryo units where they will be put to sleep for the duration of the flight.

I've got a cheaper alternative:

bitchslap-thumb.jpg

By the way, wasn't bombing other countries kinda supposed to stop this?

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
All passengers will be stripped, searched, and placed in individual cryo units where they will be put to sleep for the duration of the flight.

I'm all for this, at least the sleep part. Two years ago I had an emergency appendectomy. I was taken to the OR, helped the medical people get me up on the table, one of them put a pillow under my head, and then I woke up in Recovery, immediately, no sense of any time having passed.

It was sooooooooooooo much better than flying on a commercial airliner.

caw

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, why don't I get an animated avatar!?

Also, did I read this right? Did the passengers OVERPOWER the terrorist? That's awesome!

As for security, I like the being naked thing. Heck, I'd support being naked all the time...if...we didn't live in a country wherein doing so would get you killed really really fast most of the year.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, why don't I get an animated avatar!?

I'm just special that way. ;)

As for security, I like the being naked thing. Heck, I'd support being naked all the time...if...we didn't live in a country wherein doing so would get you killed really really fast most of the year.

That's it. Nakedness is my new religion.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
The guy from GTA3 who called in to the radio station shall be our Messiah!

"I'm NAKED, Gary! NAKED!"

Anywho, more on topic, nothing we can do will prevent 100% of the terrorist attacks...but doing nothing with prevent absolutely none, so we've just gotta buckle down and accept a less than 100% safety rate...which is really easy when its cars or food or even opening a door, but its really hard when it involves people with bombs who want to kill us.

Weird, huh?

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
That's it. Nakedness is my new religion.

Your slogan:

God sees all. We try to be Godly.

We don't believe in killing anything for decorations, and clothes are just decorations attempting to hide you from the eyes of God.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
This is ridiculous. His father actually warned us officials about a possible attack by his son.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8431470.stm
The father of a Nigerian man charged with trying to blow up a transatlantic jet on Christmas Day had voiced concerns to US officials about his son.

The father, a top Nigerian banker, warned US authorities last month about 23-year-old Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's extreme views, say officials.

US sources confirm a file was opened, but say the information did not warrant placing the accused on a "no-fly" list.
Somebody should get fired.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
His father, Alhaji Umaru Mutallab, is a prominent banker well-connected in Nigeria's political world, the BBC's Caroline Duffield reports from Lagos.

So, he's the one sending me those emails about deceased people with large bank accounts?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Your slogan:

God sees all. We try to be Godly.

We don't believe in killing anything for decorations, and clothes are just decorations attempting to hide you from the eyes of God.
Fosterites Rule!
This is ridiculous. His father actually warned us officials about a possible attack by his son.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8431470.stm

Somebody should get fired.
That whole liberty-for-security thing doesn't seem to be working out too well.
Ben Franklin said:
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
New Restrictions Quickly Added for Air Passengers

NYT article.
In the wake of the terrorism attempt Friday on a Northwest Airlines flight, federal officials on Saturday imposed new restrictions on travelers that could lengthen lines at airports and limit the ability of international passengers to move about an airplane.

The government was vague about the steps it was taking, saying that it wanted the security experience to be “unpredictable” and that passengers would not find the same measures at every airport — a prospect that may upset airlines and travelers alike.

But several airlines released detailed information about the restrictions, saying that passengers on international flights coming to the United States will apparently have to remain in their seats for the last hour of a flight without any personal items on their laps. It was not clear how often the rule would affect domestic flights.

Overseas passengers will be restricted to only one carry-on item, and domestic passengers will probably face longer security lines. That was already the case in some airports Saturday, in the United States and overseas.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
I find it shocking that although his father warned them, they didn't take any action, and even worse, a guy of his calibre (studying at University College London) taking up radical religion and then trying to blow up a plane.

Where are we heading?!

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Nigerians taking too long on the can are the hottest new category of suspects.

Seriously, with all those restrictions, I think many people will be postponing or canceling holiday plans to the US as long as the situation remains that serious. BTW, I passed through Schiphol-Amsterdam 4 times over the past two years, and I always found the security checks some of the most stringent around.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
He'd been refused entry to the UK in May. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8432180.stm Because it was a student visa issue (the UK has a problem with people claiming they're going to sham colleges. It allows people who otherwise wouldn't get in to come in on a student visa, which are pretty much given out to anyone who wants one because universities take the absolute piss out of foreign students when it comes to tuition fees - they then promptly disappear) and not to do with terrorism his details weren't passed internationally. The article does say the US had him on a watchlist and his American visa could or should have been revoked. I suspect heads will roll because it wasn't.