• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent/Publisher] Wesley Cudrow

JulesKD

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this agent? I got a message from him off AgentQuery requesting the first two chapters and a 3 page synopsis. I'm of course very excited, and I sure don't want to offend anyone, but I don't see him listed anywhere. Not on QueryTracker, not on Google and I even searched him out here and found nothing. He lists himself as a literary agent and publisher over at AgentQuery. And it's a little weird because he seems to want to represent everything, even sci fi (*gasp!*) and he lists his location as everywhere in all creation. He says:

About Me

I seek the best of the best for the best deals...
I Am Looking For

offering the best deal an emerging writer can ever imagine but first, you must have what i need in your writing skills.
My Preferences

as long as your writing is good, i'll come on as much as need be.

What do you guys think? I definitely don't want to put anyone off if this guy is legit and any good! Who wants to blow that chance, if it comes along? But I'm a little sketched out that I can't find him anywhere else. Does it sound dodgy at all?

Yeah, I'm a noob. But my spider sense is tingling screaming.

Jules

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't even find him on agentquery. Can you give the link? Or check the name spelling?

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
What do you guys think? I definitely don't want to put anyone off if this guy is legit and any good! Who wants to blow that chance, if it comes along? But I'm a little sketched out that I can't find him anywhere else. Does it sound dodgy at all?

That's a new one. There are plenty of people who try to be an agent with no experience, but it's unusual to have one who doesn't appear to exist as a person.

Yes, it sounds dodgy. I'd ignore the request for now and wait and see what happens. I noticed there was a discussion on Agentquery about it (and I assume you're not the thread starter, but even if you are, others might want the link).

http://agentquery.leveragesoftware....DiscussionID=5b1469b330b84badb2d09935e3743dca

JulesKD

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks very much for that link, Polenth. Nope, I didn't start that thread, but it's the same exact PM I got from him yesterday.

If there was some dude preying on people's hopes, I'd be pretty peeved.

What would someone do wiht a three page synopsis and the first two chapters? What would be the point?

Jules

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, this was through AgentConnect, not the main AgentQuery site. Has anyone asked the AC folks about him? More generally, do they have any fact-check before allowing people to sign up as agents, etc.?

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
He lists himself as both an agent and a publisher? Methinks he's going to steer writers toward a vanity POD he has set up.

His grammatical skills are a bit suspect, too.

JulesKD

Registered
Reaction score
Update, this guy had sent PMs to lots of people. I just read in the thread that he got chucked off AQ. So, yay to that, boo to him having a go at us in the first place.

Jules

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
i'll come on as much as need be.

Will you now?

Go on, tell me I'm not the only one who blinked a couple of times at that phrasing. Not a good sign if you're trying to claim to be an agent!

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i'll come on as much as need be.

Will you now?

Go on, tell me I'm not the only one who blinked a couple of times at that phrasing. Not a good sign if you're trying to claim to be an agent!

Unless he wrote precisely what he meant. Imagine the flurry of TRO's clogging up the NYC courts! Bletch.

aSilverRing

Registered
Reaction score
I got a "suggestion" to make him my friend, too, and was immediately wary, thanks to all the horror stories I've read. I think it's awesome that we're all so suspect of charlatans. It's a wonder to me that any of them can still make a dishonest living.

And yes, quite glad I didn't get anywhere near far enough to make him, well, yeah, nevermind...;-)