The hello that took forever

emlm21

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! The title is due to the fact that my cousin, Katiemac, introduced me to this site almost two months ago, and I'm just now saying hi! That's my main reason of wanting to join — I get so caught up in my life that I don't write as much as I used to.

I love to write fiction novels, especially youth adult. I graduated from college a bit ago in creative writing and journalism, and am an editor at a magazine. Long story short, I picked up journalism as my "Plan B" since the idea of becoming a famous author at 23 didn't seem too realistic ;) My idea was to work at a magazine/newspaper and write on the side, and work my way up to being able to just write for a living.

The problem is since I started journalism, I've had less and less time for fiction writing. I'm also a reporter, but it's just not the same. I'm a bit rusty and out of the loop (my cousin was telling me about all these new terms for styles of writing that I never heard of) but I hope to get involved here and change all that. I do enjoy being a journalist, but nothing beats the rush of writing fiction! I'm currently finishing an online story I started years ago, and am in the works of planning my first real novel.

And on a side note, I'm a great copy editor for journalism, but can't edit my own work for the life of me. Just thought I'd point it out incase you're stunned by my entry that someone pays me to edit :tongue

Cheers!
emlm21

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

emlm21

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the hellos everyone :) Really appreciated.

I haven't been on a forum for awhile, so I'll just dive right in!

And I like my popcorn with a little butter and salt :D Cheddar is also yummy!