Welcome, Lurkers!

Helsen

Registered
Reaction score
There's a fine line between posting and lurking. Neither are bad so long as you learn something or are just having fun with it.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the raise. Hope you enjoyed the bubbly!

nsyms

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, fellow smut producers, consumers and such.

I've written fiction for years, though it was all mainstream/literary work following my MFA back in the Clinton administration. I went off to work in a more lucrative profession after that and my writing output pretty much went to nothing for well over a decade. In the last couple of years I've started to write again, and I started writing erotica to a) blow out the carbon, as they say, as a warm-up for my other writing, and b) to get a lot of these memories and stories and fantasies out of my head at long last.

I'm still just playing. A couple stories are up on Literotica, stuff I wrote at some point in the far past and polished up to see if anyone liked it. Some newer stuff went up on Nifty.org and I'm planning on re-writing all of that so it is more commercially palatable, perhaps.

Susannah Shepherd

Registered
Reaction score
How lovely to find such a congenial and supportive group of people. I have dabbled with fiction writing for a long time, starting off with sweet romance and rather steamier fan-fiction. Back in the day when online/ebook publishing was still in its infancy, I had some positive feedback from publishers and contests on a couple of short stories, but life intervened and I found myself in a job which sucked up all my writing capacity for a number of years. Even during that time, I always had the loop of stories running through my head, and over the years I've kept jotting down characters and scenarios in a story ideas file to work on 'one day'.

I'm in a position now where I have both the time and headspace to write again, so I suppose 'one day' is here! At the moment the stories insisting most strongly to be told are in the erotica/erotic romance space. They're a mixture of historical and contemporary, mostly novella length in plot complexity; if there's a common theme to them, it's women brave enough to ask for what they want meeting up with men who know what they need (all F/M at the moment but I've written M/M as well in the past). I don't write BDSM or any particular kinks but there's a menage story starting to take shape in my brain, so I might need to see where that one goes :).

The story ideas file includes a couple of novel-length non-fiction and YA works as well but they'll have to wait until some of the smut has cleared, I think...

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We saw you in the shadows, crouching behind parked cars and such, Susannah. We hoped you'd show yourself eventually, and here you are. Welcome!

Maryn, putting a hostess apron on over her PJs

ivyking

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Ivy and pleased to be here. I've written YA novels for a long time but am now moving toward erotica as well. I have lurked around the forums before but finally bit the bullet and joined up! I am looking forward to the wealth of knowledge that you guys have and to get ready to start publishing in this genre!! I think I am going to be writing 'sugar baby' stories... I have a list of ideas so it's time to start doing some plotting and more researching the genre.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woo-hoo, a new person! It's my pleasure to welcome you.

Maryn , just a wee bit drunk on nice wine

Koralai

Tree whisperer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! *waves hand* I've been on and off this forum for some time now, but I'd like to get more involved. I recently experienced how much of a difference an online community can make in my commitment to my writing projects: I've been writing 1000+ words just about every day this month as a part of Camp NaNoWriMo. That is a huge improvement for me, and I'm hoping to keep it up (no pun intended!).

I've read more Romance than I have straight-up erotica, but I'm interested in trying my hand at erotica/erotic romance because I have a dirty mind. Also, my impression of erotica is that it has more room for a variety of gender expressions, as opposed to the stock "alpha male" character who seems ubiquitous in Romance.

Anyway... Glad to be here! :)

Bladespark

JOAT
Registered
Reaction score
Also, my impression of erotica is that it has more room for a variety of gender expressions, as opposed to the stock "alpha male" character who seems ubiquitous in Romance.

Man, I hope that's true! My current idea that I'm in the midst of writing actually kind of deliberately subverts that, the Alpha Male Billionaire character is going to end up *not* getting the queer, shape-shifting alien girl in the end. So there had better be room for that kind of thing!

(Hi, another returning writer here. I've written a lot of smut, but originally it was all for an audience of one or two, and then for a very specific fandom audience, so branching out something slightly more mainstream is going to be interesting. )

leifwright

Mired in the miry mire.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
leifwright.com
Man, I hope that's true! My current idea that I'm in the midst of writing actually kind of deliberately subverts that, the Alpha Male Billionaire character is going to end up *not* getting the queer, shape-shifting alien girl in the end. So there had better be room for that kind of thing!

To me, NOT getting the girl, especially when she's very clear about being not available for the gender that is seeking her, is far more realistic and interesting than her just jumping in the sack with the main character.

I'm not really the audience for shape-shifting aliens, but if the idea is to foster the longing for the man who wants the lesbian but can't have her because she is actually lesbian, that's a story that is begging to be told. Every straight guy has the fantasy that he can "convert" a lesbian, and the story that puts that to lie is a great story, if it's told well.

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I thought I should introduce myself here as well since this is what I write. I've been having fun writing short erotic stories for a free story site for a few years now and thought I would self publish a novel that I've been working on. Right now it's at 67000 words and I still have three and a half pages of notes and outline. It's a lesbian love story between a 1200 year old sex goddess and a mortal woman who learns that she is destined to become one as well. The first two chapters were on the free story site for about a year and I had them deleted a few month ago when I decided to try publishing it. I've searched the web with phrases from the story and can't find it anywhere, so hopefully it's still safe. Anyway, I'm glad to have found this place where we can talk about what we write (as soon as I get 50 posts lol) and look forward to meeting the people here.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you, Jake. There's more discussion, sometimes more graphic, behind the password that protects kids from the NC-17 content there. To get the password, send a private message to MacAllister or AW Admin asking for it and stating you're 21 or older, assuming that's true.

Maryn, 900 year old sex goddess

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you, Jake. There's more discussion, sometimes more graphic, behind the password that protects kids from the NC-17 content there. To get the password, send a private message to MacAllister or AW Admin asking for it and stating you're 21 or older, assuming that's true.

Maryn, 900 year old sex goddess

Thank you, and it's a pleasure to meet you as well. I was under the impression that you needed 50 posts to go to the NC-17 area. Lol, I'm a long ways from 21, more like 48, I'll PM one of them right now.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn checks her watch, taps her foot, checks her watch again...

Not that I'm avoiding writing or anything, no sir, not me!

BTW, the 50-post rule is just for starting threads in SYW (that's Share Your Work, where you can get critique) and Beta Readers (where you can get... wait for it... beta readers!). You are able to reply to other people's threads with critiques, offers to beta, etc. regardless of post count. Which you probably figured out, right?

Maryn, who'll see you behind the password when you get there

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
I PM'd MacAllister yesterday, waiting patiently. Beta readers would be very nice. I don't care if people know what I write but it's hard to find people to give feedback other then "I liked it" they will read what I write, but don't want to talk about it, lol.

Melty

Registered
Reaction score
It'll be fun to talk to other erotica authors. We chat sometimes on Amazon's forums, but that place is difficult, and no one can get into details. KBoards is more about making money than chatting about the craft (hush hush conversations about erotica). Conversations don't really last long between people with kinks... they just want to role play and that's it.

I should be writing and not chatting, but once it gets warm outside, I have difficulty focusing on that! I write erotic subjects best in winter, for whatever reason. lol

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Melty, I've never tried Amazon's forums, doesn't sound like a place for me, lol. In the NC-17 Erotica Discussion area you can talk about whatever you want. What kind of erotica do you write?

Melty

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. :)

Oh, I write all kinds, but typically I'm of the 'alternative' variety, which is heavily influenced by hentai themes, rather than vanilla works. Monsters, Aliens (tentacle), Futanari, Hucow (lactation, breast expansion, milking), Pregnant (impregnation/belly expansion/birth/egg-laying), Pseudo-incest, and some more taboo works on a different site. A large amount of stories are influenced by high levels of biology altering factors, from mutations, to disease, viruses, nanotechnology, and other elements that create situations that border on what is actually possible through scientific means. Although magical and supernatural themes apply at times.

If ever I venture into the absurd realms (which I have a few times), I let readers know that it is going there in advance, stating that it's more cartoon-like than reality.

I'm still waiting on a password to get into the NC-17 discussion area, but I will be happy to chat about what I can while I wait. :)

hyperbunny

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there! I have been looking for a new home for my erotic stories and writings and Absolute Write seems like a great community. I have been dabbling in erotic fiction (er… smut stories) for over 20 years (I saved my first hidden word doc on the family 486 when I was 12). Since then, I’ve written hundreds of pages of all kinds of kinky stuff. Since 2012 or so, I have amassed over 100 documents ranging from less than a paragraph to nearly 130,000 words in length. My main themes are futanari, teen romance, yuri, and some other things I may be more comfortable sharing when I gain access to the 21+ parts of the site ;)

Anyway, I look forward to reestablishing myself in a welcoming, constructive community and contributing any way I can! :)

Melty

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Hyperbunny. :)

Sounds like you have had fun writing stories for quite some time. I started writing erotica on forums and instant messengers back in the early 2000s, but most of those stories are long gone. The bits and pieces that survived over the years have scattered homes on my various hard drives. Now, all my files go into specific thumb drives.

I can amass a lot of unfinished works much faster than actually writing one through to completion!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's not a whole lot to like about getting older, but having no kids in the house from whom I ought to hide graphic materials is nice! I must remember to appreciate the pluses, since they're so few.

Maryn, older than most dirt