Welcome, Lurkers!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent. If you'll share what sort of erotica you think you'll most enjoy, and what pairing of people, I'm sure people will have recommendations of the best stuff.

Maryn, who should read more

Morgaen

Registered
Reaction score
Hello again :)

Sorry for being so absent. Way too much going on at the moment and I've hit a rough patch, writing wise.

How is everyone?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't you hate when real life's obligations get in the way of writing and goofing around with like-minded people online?

Maryn, not a big fan of responsibilities

Morgaen

Registered
Reaction score
I do. lol

I sit, I open the word doc, my fingers are ready, I stare at the screen .... and then I go do something else lol

How have you been Maryn?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't complain--although in truth, I do. A lot. You know how couples who've been together a while have stories they tell? One of ours is from when my husband was in the hospital with leukemia. (He's fine now.) As you can imagine, I was worried, sleeping poorly, and pretty stressed.

So one day when I arrived, he asked me the normal "How are you?" and I loosed a whole flood of complaints. I was gaining weight, I needed a break from the kids on weekends, I was tired enough that I was clumsy and had just that morning smacked my shin bloody on the car door--and that's when it hit me. "Geez, here you are fighting for your life and I'm complaining about everyday stuff."

His response? Pure gold. "You wouldn't be you if you didn't complain all the time."

Maryn, whose husband does not remember this but believes her

Last edited:

Morgaen

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad he is ok now and yes, our spouses do remember things we don't lol

Sometimes complaining helps make the load a little more bearable though.

Tora Uran

Registered
Reaction score
Website
amazon.com
Hello, I am rather new to these boards, but hardly new to writing. In the past few years though I have gotten more serious about my writing and feel I am at a point where I am comfortable with the idea of at least self-publishing. Of course there are plenty of genres I want to write but I decided to start off focusing on erotica as it is fun to write, seems to be most adapted to shorts and has a good chance of making a little money off of.

I am focusing on shorts/serials for now as I feel I still have a ways to go with my writing before I can successfully tackle longer pieces. But I have built myself up from 100-500 fanfic to being comfortable writing something with thousands of words, so I have hope I can get myself up to writing much longer eventually.

Honestly I am quite grateful for this board since I am not sure where I could go to learn more about writing erotica and it seems very welcoming here. The latter being incredibly important to me as I am honestly rather shy so it can be difficult for me to be social.

I look forward to joining in the discussions here and hope to be able to eventually give as much help as I receive.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Hi, Tora! Welcome aboard. This is an amazing group, and I'm sure you'll fit right in. :Hug2:

As for longer pieces, I also used fan fiction years ago to get myself comfortable with plotting and writing entire stories. At some point I realized a certain story was going to be however long it needed, to tell the story...and I stopped angsting so much over initial word counts. (Although it still happens.)

For me, the only difference in long and short fiction now, are the number of scenes to hold in my head before I can write them down.

Tora Uran

Registered
Reaction score
Website
amazon.com
Thank you for the welcome. I do hope to get my 50 posts soon so I can get to socializing with more of the community here on this section of the forum.

I never quite used fanfiction to increase how long I wrote something, more as a means just to write. And once I got in the habit of writing stories I just found it naturally easier to get longer with them. I still write fanfic as I find when I feel like I am stuck on something with one of my original stories it is easy to churn some fanfic out because it just does not require the same amount of planning as the world building and characters are already there to use. And that seems to get things flowing once more to get back to what I was writing before.

My biggest worry about writing longer fiction is being able to connect everything together that it makes for a good reading experience.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see you here, Tora. Welcome!

Maryn, in a hostess apron

garyh412

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I started writing erotic fiction as a lark to titillate a friend of mine who works in the sex industry. As it happens she enjoyed my stories and poems so much that she began sharing them with her coworkers and they began to pursue me seeking to be included in all the fun. Some I obliged, many I did not. As it turns out my main protagonist is quite actually my muse (for this genre at least) and it's through my rather lustful imagination of her precious bits that my stories are fueled. After about two years of writting short stories about her exploits I bundled all of them into a package dressed them up nicely and gave them to her as a gift. Now I find myself looking to extend the series and do much needed editing on the existing stories with an eye towards publishing them (assuming of course that they are, or may become, worthy of publication) in a serial or anthology of some sort.

One thing I genuinely enjoy about this genre is that when I fall into a story the sensual power that overcomes me is truly intense. I don't know about how others tackle the nitty gritty of this genre but for me its passion & lust cubed times ten. My orientation in this genre is M/F, F/F & Group both with and with out BSDM elements as the situation requires but my female protagonist is always in control even when she looses it. I love strong women and I am not asamed to admit that I write strong women. Strong, confident, sexy women!

Well now, there, I've said it haven't I!

I am looking forward to participating in this forum and hopefully getting to know some of you, both by reading your "stuff" and by seeking your critique of my stuff over the next weeks and months to come.

In the mean time y'all take care now, y'a hear...

-G

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to have you join us, Gary. Welcome!

Maryn, in her hostess apron, of course

conradland

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy, i'm new to the forums and am still working on getting the required 50 posts. i'm all over the place with my short stories, i have no specific genre or interest and write what i feel. That could be anything! I wrote an 1100 word short story based on how i feel when I hear Sarah Mclachlan sing Angel, it's represented by bondage and discipline and am sure most will enjoy. I'm chomping at the bit to share it here in the Erotica section! Soon my new friends, very soon...

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see you here, conradland. One terrific way to reach that golden 50 posts is to do some critique in the genre(s) in which you right. Not only does that create the possibility of people returning the favor directly, but you can learn a lot by seeing what's working and not working in other people's writing.

Maryn, tying a pretty bow in the hostess apron because when she doesn't, the ends get stuck in her butt crack

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I might, Grace. TB gave me some gracious feedback on a book about 4 years ago, and I've been happy to see recent developments over there. But I do have to warn that my Inner Editor noticed the use of 'peaks' for 'piques', that 's' on the end of publisher in the first sentence, and the missing 'are' in the second sentence.

I'm not a great writer, so when I look for publishers, I seek the ones with strong editing reputations. A publisher's call-for-entries is not my only benchmark, but it is a data point.

GRadfordTEP

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to be filled with errors! I am, unfortunately, just a newbie at Totally Bound and this was one of my first jobs! Don't take my quickly typed post to reflect on the editing skills of the company; just some young graduate cutting her teeth on the forum!

Thanks though,
Grace Radford

Last edited:

Tavia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Longtime lurker, very new member here! And I think I'll be spending a lot of time in this subforum, so figured I may as well say "hey" :)

And now I'm not quite sure what to say. Um, I like sparkling wines, long walks on the beach, and steamy tales of extremely dubious consent....

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have much in common, then. I have a bottle of Prosecco waiting for a suitable occasion...

Tavia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
We have much in common, then. I have a bottle of Prosecco waiting for a suitable occasion...

Yeah, I can tell I'm going to like it around here :) My bottle of Prosecco has been hanging out for a couple of weeks, awaiting either a really good day or a really bad day!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like to use up the bubbly for bad days. I save the cheap reds for that.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Hi, Tavia!

Maryn, you might laugh. I have a bottle of very decent tequila that I have sworn not to crack until there is The Offer, or my first book slides past 1million on Amazon. Agent's working on the first. Every time I think the second looms, some kind soul buys the book.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For a second there, I thought you meant a million sales, which would be totally awesome and I would have to start announcing to people that I know you. We did open something bubbly the day I sold my first novel. The second, we did not--obviously that why its sales have sucked lime green donkey balls.

Maryn, poorly published

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Tavia!

I typically save the red wine for a really good occasion. Oh look, it's Tuesday...

*opens a bottle of Siesta Key Shiraz*

Tavia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Hi Tavia!

I typically save the red wine for a really good occasion. Oh look, it's Tuesday...

*opens a bottle of Siesta Key Shiraz*

Hello!

And fittingly enough, I ended up popping my bottle of champagne today. Got a raise at work!

Possibly would have opened it anyway, since, y'know, Tuesday. But it was nice to have the excuse.