Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin TherapistWriter's Avatar

[Agency] Forte Associates (Jeanne Forte Dube)

Has anyone heard of Jeanne Forte Dube of Forte Associates in NY? I find a brief entry in PM, but very little else.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 12-06-2009 at 10:44 PM.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Thanks, Caopaux, but this seems to be a website for a business brokerage firm in CT. Not the literary agent.

Oh, for the love of --. That's what I get for having half-caff this morning.

But given the lack of chatter about her, and that her last sales (as reported on PM) were back in '08, I'm wondering if she's active.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

I believe she might be. I've read of one debut author, Brad Parks, who is repped by her. He writes crime fiction so I wanted to check her out, but can find nothing but the dated PM stuff. Very strange.

I know Brad some. His book's published by Minotaur (out in a few days), and it's getting a lot of advance buzz.

Here's Ms. Dube's info from his website. I don't recall if we ever discussed his representation, but he's pretty damn positive in general. Not sure what that's worth, though.

Jeanne Forte Dube
    Forte Associates
    250 West 57th Street, Suite 2302
    New York, NY 10107
    Phone: 212-245-2919
    Fax: 212-245-4042
    forteassociates@gmail.com
    Moral of the story: Soy yogurt is evil and don't cross picketlines. -Twizzle

Has at least one sale for (July) 2010, so she's still around.
    ICAO
    ---------

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Jeanne Dube is my agent and she's fantastic! I signed on with her in early 2010 and she sold my paranormal romance series to Sourcebooks Publishing in a 5 book deal.

That looks to be her last sale, though. Anyone have recent contact with her?
    ICAO
    ---------