The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Hyatt Literary Agency (Linda Hyatt)

Hyatt Literary Agency (Linda Hyatt)

Hello!

Has anyone dealt with Linda Hyatt &/or the Hyatt Literary Agency? She's listed in P&E, but not recommended, & I can't find much else about her or the agency.

I'm only pursuing this because I liked her definition of women's fiction on the "What Agents Really Want" web site, it jives with mine [i.e. it's not necessarily Romance, but is about relationships/emotions & doesn't have to have a happy ending].

I truly appreciate any input. A million thanks to everyone who's already posted here, I've found a lot of very useful info in this forum!

Everyone have a great day!
    ~Caren

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    The Hyatt Literary Agency isn't "not recommended" at P&E, just not "recommended."

There's a notation that the address isn't valid. Hyatt's new address seems to be: 230 Ring Road Salt Point, NY 12487

There's another notation that in '03 they weren't accepting unsolicited queries. That may have changed.

The big question is, always, what have they sold? You can find that out directly from the agent. Please don't make that the last step when you're researching, though.

The Hyatt Literary Agency isn't "not recommended" at P&E, just not "recommended."

Oops, guess I worded that one wrong. Thanks for setting it straight, I'd hate for anyone to think I was trying to misrepresent things.

Hello to anyone interested,

I queried Ms Hyatt & she politely informed me that her agency isn't actively seeking new clients at this time.

Have a great day!
    Caren

new author
    Ms Hyatt is nearing retirement and not accepting new clients accoring to Karen Fox report.