POD Success Story: Barry Nugent's FALLEN HEROES

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenJSweeney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforthesolarsystem.com
I've been in contact with Barry a few times in the past. He's a very decent guy. He's the person who advised me on getting my book stocked at Waterstone's in the UK.

He's even now got a quote from James Barclay on the front cover of his special edition.

I'm watching what happens with FALLEN HEROES, since it would be amazing if it were adapted fully for TV and a comic book.

(I almost met James Barclay the other day, but I was a little too drunk. I did meet Stephen Deas and Alex Bell, though. Two lovely people who are now on my reading list!)

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I love to hear about people that paved their own way and came out of it all successful.

Tara Stone

Registered
Reaction score
That's an impressive story. Thanks for the link.

Flint

Just believe. Then work your butt off.
Registered
Reaction score
That's a great story. But if he's doing POD thru lulu don't they technically own his book? As far as marketing goes, I did like how he sells his book thru conventions. That's not something that has occured to me as far as marketing goes, but then again I'm not a writer looking to publish a book. It would seem to me that all his good fortune stems from that. Book signings seem like a waste of time.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Lulu prints a book, so they exploit publishing rights and do not own copyright. Their contract allows the book to be withdrawn from sale at will of the author.

itsaplane

all the feels, ALL OF THEM
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats for Barry! I do hope for the same success to all other writers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.