• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Hachette Book Group / Grand Central Publishing

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted in late August and threw them a nudge (not even thinking they would ever respond) and they just did today saying my novel is still under consideration and they will get back to me in a few weeks.

It was a nice surprise to know it's still being considered.

hikarinotsubasa

Human, last I checked
Registered
Reaction score
If there's a bright center to the universe...
For anyone who has published with Forever Yours, have you been happy with your publicity, quality of your edits, etc?

One of their editors has an MSWL that seems to fit my book... but I'm worried with an imprint like this, that I'd be competing for attention with the Forever authors (since the same editors acquire and edit for both), and getting less attention, less thorough copy-edits, whatever? The Hachette name is attractive, but is there any advantage to doing this instead of going to a small press, where all of their authors are small-press authors?

Do they have any bookstore distribution for their print book? Are the books returnable? Are the paperbacks nice? I understand that digital is the MAIN focus here, but trying to compare them to a handful of small presses, details would be nice. :)

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I write for the Forever Yours imprint, which is Grand Central's ebook romance line.
I've been very happy to work with them. Never once did I feel slighted on edits, and I have one of their publicity personnel assigned to help me with each book release. While I do supplement with my own ads and social media pushes, I've always been pleased with their "investment" in me.
I have print-on-demand available for all my books, but they aren't stocked in bookstores. They are, however, available on just about every site that sells books. The paperbacks are very nice quality!
Good luck!

Last edited:

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I'm under the impression that this publisher (and its various imprints) doesn't allow unagented subs, and I can't locate any info to the contrary. Is this indeed the case?

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I'm under the impression that this publisher (and its various imprints) doesn't allow unagented subs, and I can't locate any info to the contrary. Is this indeed the case?

My agent made the sale, but I had already submitted to one of the editors before I signed with Forever Yours. I can't speak for all their imprints, but the Forever imprint IS agented-only submissions. Forever Yours, however, does accept unagented queries. Go here for their submission process.

PrairieWoman

Registered
Reaction score
Agent for Forever Yours?

For those of you writing for Forever Yours, do you think having an agent is necessary? Also, was it hard to find one for this imprint? Thanks!

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
For those of you writing for Forever Yours, do you think having an agent is necessary? Also, was it hard to find one for this imprint? Thanks!

I don't think having an agent is "necessary," but I do believe it's prudent and probably makes you a little more attractive to them. :)

PrairieWoman

Registered
Reaction score
Are FY's contracts fairly standard? Are they negotiable? If so, in what areas?

amandab1028

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have recent info in regards to Forever-Yours? Do response times still vary widely? Any new info on how sales are with this publisher?

CharlotteJ

Registered
Reaction score
Has Forever Yours stopped accepting submissions? When I checked, the website has been completely redone and there's no longer a link that allows you to submit a manuscript - nothing for "Forever" or "Forever Yours". It's still linked with Hachette publishers.

Sarah M

Registered
Reaction score
So I submitted my manuscript to Forever Yours a few hours ago, but I still have not received the confirmation email of my submission. Is that normal?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I asked my agent if I could pop one off to them and she okayed it. This is an imprint of a major house, so I think the distribution is pretty good. I think it's e-mail retailers only, but all of them. It appears no advance, unless an agent has been able to work them. I think the prestige is there, though. Definitely worth a shot. Good luck to all those who have subbed to them.