• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Electron Press

pensinparadise

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone done business with Electron Press or Electron Magazine? I have looked at their "website" which is not very user friendly, but I cannot figure out how to access their guidelines for either ebooks or magazine submissions.
Please email responses to me at [email protected].
Thanks.

pensinparadise

Registered
Reaction score
I looked at that web site, but it didn't really give any hard and fast guidelines for submissions. And there was nothing at all listed on the Electron Magazine web site that could tell me what their guidelines are. I need more help? Have you published with them?

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
The first paragraph of of the page "Editorial Submissions" tells you what they publish. The third tells you how to submit.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
No, haven't published with them.

No, not planning to.

The most recent issue of their magazine came out four years ago. That may not even be a live market.

These are the guidelines:

Electron Press is interested in quality fiction (novels and short story collections) and non-fiction (politics, current events, history, ecology, popular science, essays, etc.). Electron Press does not publish romance, fantasy, or science fiction novels, new age books, how-to books, technical books or text books.

If you would like Electron Press to consider your book, please submit an email query to [image]. Please attach a separate word processing file that contains the first two or three chapters (maximum 25 to 30 manuscript pages) of your book, preferably in Microsoft Word, Wordperfect, or RTF-format. We will review your proposal and sample, and let you know whether we would like you to send a printout of the entire manuscript.

Bushdoctor

Registered
Reaction score
statsaholic.com reports that they are averaging less that 500hits per month. to put that into perspective, whiskey creek press averages around 5000 a month. their site is not for readers, more for writers.

hope this is helpful

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
statsaholic.com reports that they are averaging less that 500hits per month. to put that into perspective, whiskey creek press averages around 5000 a month. their site is not for readers, more for writers.

hope this is helpful
:Huh:

Not sure how you drew the conclusion you did based on the numbers. To me, the stats just mean more people have heard of Whiskey Creek.

Bushdoctor

Registered
Reaction score
:Huh:

Not sure how you drew the conclusion you did based on the numbers. To me, the stats just mean more people have heard of Whiskey Creek.

sorry if i wasnt too clear. this conclusion was drawn by the fact that their website has text on its front page, and no products where as the established epresses i know tend to have their products advertised straight away. This has nothing to do with website hits. However I would think that an epublisher who manages 5000 hits per month would have more sales that one that gets 500. again i have no exact figures to back this assumption up but if it seems implausable to you then i will not debate it.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
I'm not 100% sure this place is even still in operation. Emailing PDFs to folks seems to me to be a rather old-school form of e-publishing.

Pensinparadise, where and how did you hear of these folks?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sorry if i wasnt too clear. this conclusion was drawn by the fact that their website has text on its front page, and no products where as the established epresses i know tend to have their products advertised straight away. This has nothing to do with website hits. However I would think that an epublisher who manages 5000 hits per month would have more sales that one that gets 500. again i have no exact figures to back this assumption up but if it seems implausable to you then i will not debate it.
Then why make the assumption?

And hits do not automatically equate to sales. It just means one website received 5000 unique hits while the other received 500.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
According to Piers Anthony's listing: http://www.hipiers.com/publishing.html

August 2004 update: The site does not appear to have been updated since July 2003, so this publisher may be inactive. February 2007 update: No, it remains in business. April 2008 update: Query them, and if they are interested they will ask for more, and if they like it will pay "substantial royalties." Apparently you will have to be accepted before you actually learn what their terms are.

pensinparadise

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure this place is even still in operation. Emailing PDFs to folks seems to me to be a rather old-school form of e-publishing.

Pensinparadise, where and how did you hear of these folks?
I'm not sure which search I used to find them, but we sent a query of my husband's book to them, and they asked for the first 5000-7000 words; we sent them, and then they asked for the next 2 or three chapters. We've sent that, just within the last few days, and are waiting to hear something.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Then why make the assumption?

And hits do not automatically equate to sales. It just means one website received 5000 unique hits while the other received 500.

No, but there is a correlation. For epublishers hits equal cutomers. So while hits may not means sales, no hits does mean no sales.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Some activity in early '10, but none since.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Put out a book this year, but no sign of life for the magazine.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No further activity.