2010 Writer's Market is out!

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
It's actually been out for a while and is currently sitting on my coffee table to inspire me. Don't forget to give your old copies to fellow aspiring writers. I do that every year in honor of our neighbor, Mr. Strangeman (yes, that was really his name), who gave me an ancient copy when I was around 8 years old which inspired me greatly to pursue my writing career.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh, I need a new one! My current one is only 2009, but the more updated, the better.

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I'm eagerly anticipating the delivery of my very first copy. Up till now I've just been wingin' it. It'll be so great to not have to stare at the computer for hours on end.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Definitely going to the library to peruse. I don't have the cash to buy one.
Some libraries treat it as a reference book and force you to read the latest edition there, but some will allow you to check it out. I was surprised to discover that when I moved to FL, as in IL you could only take out the older editions.

Still Seaking

Doing what I was born to do.
Registered
Reaction score
I purchase a new copy every year or every other year and I always purchase the copy from the year before. I do so around Christmas and use money I receive for Christmas so it is actually a gift from someone and by that time. For instance this year I purchased the 2009 edition, 2010 was out about 6 months ago, the 2011 will be out in another 6 months. I buy the 2009, I can go online and utilize all new markets there, you have to check and make sure that editor is still there and nothing has changed anyways and it cost less. My total was $3.18 and including shipping and handling was $7.17.

I’ve always heard you don’t need to purchase one every year anyway as most of the information is the same and as I stated before, you have to check and make sure the information hasn’t changed anyways and you can save the money. I purchased mine from Amazon. I also subscribe to The WRITER and always purchase it from a third party and have never paid more than $19.95 for a year’s subscription. I have access to both websites this way and it costs me less.

SS

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
Some libraries treat it as a reference book and force you to read the latest edition there, but some will allow you to check it out. I was surprised to discover that when I moved to FL, as in IL you could only take out the older editions.

Yeah it's a reference. So I just bring my laptop and copy entries of interest.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I decided to sit on my hands for now. The next edition comes out in June. I can wait. I can. I can. Yup. No problem. ;)