Status
Not open for further replies.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Greetings all. I do not know if I am a story starter. For the last two years, I've been writing novels that all take place in this one world, and I've finished two, am almost done with the third <-- this is the one that is stand alone and will be subbed. I know it is THE ONE.

However, I have 9, count 'em, 9 documents in my "story beginnings" file. These are all 3-10 pages, manuscript format, of what I call "scenes." You see, I get visions. Occasionally, these visions come pouring out of me in words, often between the hours of 2 - 5 am in the morning.

They are just that - scenes. Well, 4 of them are "scenes" for a grand sweeping epic idea I have about these multi-dimensional super heroes (each "scene" is for a different superhero.) None of them have a plot. Where do they come from? Why are they visited upon me when I am doing other things?

Why God? Why?

i might be a story finisher, who never has anything for anyone to beta read. What is that about? I don't feel like a real writer because, for one reason or another, I don't get it to that stage. :( I've got someone reading something that is two stages away from being ready, just to have someone read something and give me some feedback.

secretblue3

Here to create
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.heretocreate.com
However, I have 9, count 'em, 9 documents in my "story beginnings" file. These are all 3-10 pages, manuscript format, of what I call "scenes." You see, I get visions. Occasionally, these visions come pouring out of me in words, often between the hours of 2 - 5 am in the morning.

They are just that - scenes. Well, 4 of them are "scenes" for a grand sweeping epic idea I have about these multi-dimensional super heroes (each "scene" is for a different superhero.) None of them have a plot. Where do they come from? Why are they visited upon me when I am doing other things?

I have these too, but I don't see them as a problem. I consider them ideas I'm not ready to write, rather than stories I have failed to write. Not every idea will ever be ready to make a story, and I think that's ok. Meanwhile, my ideas file is simmering away. When I need a new story to write, that's where I look to see if anything is ready.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm now 2039 words in and feeling fine. How is everyone else faring?

I started keeping a little word count journal to make sure that I was getting in at least 1000 words a day. If nothing else, and I'm churning out crap, at least I'm getting practice on my craft and getting my mojo back.

I started on December 7 with around 23,000 words. As of about an hour ago I'm up to 43,081. I've gotten the skeleton in place with lots of meat. Now it's just a matter of more fleshing out of characters, locations, and observations.

Who knows, I may not belong to this group for much longer!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Well. I sort of have a confession to make. I think I've learned my lesson. NaNo taught me that I can write a novel in two months. This I have done.

Now what I need is to edit. To not do a little passthrough and toss it aside and go on to the next - all because I have this gutwrenching fear of subbing, and ... that my stuff is not good enough for someone to read. I mean, really, have a beta read it. I see everyone else subbing and writing synopsis and queries, and I don't feel like a real writer.

Is my invite rescinded? I mean... I could relapse...

Status
Not open for further replies.