• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

GetAnAgentNow / The Authors Team (Mahesh Grossman)

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Has anyone heard of Mahesh Grossman or GetAnAgentNow.com? Someone named AuthorsTalk started following me on Twitter, I guess because I'm following publishers and writers. (I'm not actually posting anything yet.) I was suspicious because the tweets seemed spammish, because his bio calls him a consultant and a coach;), and because (worst of all) the link on the person's page led to one of those pages with an annoying talk person. Urgh!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I can't find a Twitter user called AuthorsTalk or AuthorTalk: has the account been closed, or am I doing something wrong?

And oh, good grief: if you click on the link that Anne provides, make sure you've got the sound turned up on your computer so you can enjoy Mahesh's greeting. It scared the life out of one of my cats.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
The great secrets that he's advertising, at least the freebies that he's using to get you to sign up for one or another of his paid courses, aren't secret at all. You can read the same information, and more, and better, in the threads here at AW.

And the format of his pages is instantly recognizable from across the room as the Get Rich Quick layout.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Here you go, folks: GET AN AGENT NOW. The secrets are right here in this post for free.

A) Write a really good manuscript, and polish it like mad.
B) Research agents who have sold books in your genre, especially those that share some central qualities with yours (funny mysteries, science fiction with strong female characters, mainstream novels about the South)
C) Write a good query letter and query a lot of agents with it.

These are the only "secrets," which, as Unca Jim says, are not secret at all.

Also, note that Mahesh Grossman hasn't been published by a major New York house. So why does anyone think he knows the secret of doing it, if he couldn't do it for himself?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Because that's a SECRET, IceCream. Sheesh.

ChristineR

What happened?
Registered
Reaction score
Ann Arbor, Michigan. Downtown. Near the Universi
Okay, just because no one else has found it yet, and I think it's germane, if you poke around long enough on the site you can find some ads for their course.

And if you want to know how to write a book proposal that will really impress Andy, and to hear my full interview with him, (as well as interviews with four other agents), sign up for Agent University: The Ultimate Guide to Landing the Best Agent for Your Book and Your Career. You�ll get 6 CDs, plus an additional 9 hours of interviews (both audios and transcripts) for free.

After much clicking and three different websites, you finally get to the point (and the violations of the Law o' Yog).

There is a one-time charge of $9.95 in the U.S. or $19.95 International to cover shipping and handling for the 6 CDs you receive with Agent University. If you reside within California you will also be charged the current sales tax. You will automatically continue at the lowest Gold Member price of $49.97 per month ($59.97 outside North America). Should you decide to cancel your membership, you can do so at any time by calling The Authors Team at 831-479-7555. Remember, your credit card will NOT be charged the low monthly membership fee until the beginning of the 2nd month, which means you will receive 2 interviews to read and listen to as often as you like—to help you become a bestselling author.

Oh, and the shipping fee turns out to be $14.95, not $9.95, after all.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if agents Joelle Delbourgo, Andy Ross and Grace Freedson are fully aware that this guy is showcasing his "interviews" with them as part of his pitch to sell his "secret system."