Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Mojo regained

Mojo regained

the last story i wrote really took it out of me. it was too dark for my delicate little mind. a good story, imho, but very taxing emotionally. i needed a break, but then i couldnt get going again.

its been a rough week in my journey as an aspiring writer.

yesterday, for want of something to do, i dug out the novel i shelved about 7 months ago, 60k words of slightly shaky action adventure. the writing aint total poo. i think i can hammer it into shape.

yeah! i got my mojo back. now i need to crack on and get this novel fit for submission. i am going to set myself some realistic but testing goals, i reckon rewriting two or three scenes a week is achievable, and i should have the novel in a readable, submittable (?is that a word? it is now) state early in the new year.

im sure ill have my moments where i bang my head against the keyboard but at least itll be because i am working on something rather than not.
    the force is illogical
    deep down i am realy quite shallow

Addict? I can quit whenever I want! S.J.'s Avatar
    Why hello.

The moving hand, having writ... AW Moderator Maryn's Avatar
    Creeping Up Behind You
    Excellent, Jerry. Hey, ask your mojo where the hell mine is, would you? I heard they all know each other.

Maryn, pleased in your behalf
    Kindness. It doesn't cost a damned thing. If you're smart, you'll spread that stuff all over the place.

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel
    Taming the Wilde, spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Maryn Says
    , an irregular blog
    The Occasional Tweet

Likes heroic fantasy and hot coffee
    Northern Michigan, pretty much in the woods
    It's always a good thing when the mojo rises again.