AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Rohm Agency (Wendy Goldman Rohm)

practical experience, FTW frandavea's Avatar

The Rohm Agency (Wendy Goldman Rohm)

I did a search and found no threads on this agency, even though the name strikes some deja vu. Does anyone have any experience with this agency?
    D.M. Anderson
    http://dmanderson.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/frandavea

Killer Cows (Echelon Press) - Paperback or kindle at www.amazon.com Ebook: www.fictionwise.com .
    Shaken (Echelon Press)
    With the Wicked (on submission)
    The Dark Ride - WIP

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Website under construction, so here's her PM page: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/wendyrohm/
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW bclement412's Avatar
    I just checked P&E but neither she nor her agency is listed.
    ------------------------
    Blue Abyss (YA Paranormal) 62K

15 Partials (4 Rs, 3 request for revisions, 1 request for larger partial, 1 request for full)
    6 Fulls (1 R)
    65 Rejections
    4 personalized query Rs

------------------------
    Damaged (Edgy YA)

1st Draft (1/30/10): 8,500 words

Blog: Author Interviews/ARC reviews

P&E still lists her with Waxman. PM has one sale for her (at Waxman), but everything else is either the books she's written or the workshops she runs.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Quote Originally Posted by frandavea View Post
    I did a search and found no threads on this agency, even though the name strikes some deja vu. Does anyone have any experience with this agency?
    Hi, did you query her? I did, still waiting for a response, but today got a message informing me of her next workshop....

Sockpuppet
    Anyone else on Wendy? She just requested my materials.

Professor of applied misanthropy Drachen Jager's Avatar
    When did you query Plum? I Q'd her two months ago and haven't heard a peep.

Sockpuppet
    DJ, I queried her by email on 5/31 re my graphic novel. I'll let you know how it goes.

Professor of applied misanthropy Drachen Jager's Avatar
    Okay, I'm a bit pissed at this agency now.

They never responded to my query from two months ago, but they added me to their mailing list for spam about a writing retreat they're hosting? For money of course.

A list of things to do and avoid on your first page. (Not my blog post, kudos to the fabulous Anne Mini for compiling those.)

requiescat in pace Requiescat In Pace
    Despite the fact I'll probably be added to Wendy's spam list, I queried her. We'll see what happens.
    It is with the deepest sadness that I must tell all of you that my wife, Irene Schaft, passed away on Monday, 9 August 2010 from a massive stroke.

In lieu of flowers, please consider making a contribution to Parker Paws, http://www.parkerpaws.org/donate.html a local animal shelter.

Irene's system will only be up infrequently for the next few weeks, and her mail will not be checked regularly. Any messages of condolence can be sent to her husband George at schaft@schaft.com

Irene's blog: [URL]http://sybilsimon.com/[/URL]

Still no agency site, but here's one for her workshops: http://worldwidewendy.org/index.htm
    ICAO
    ---------

Anyone hear any more on this agency?

ICAO
    ---------

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Anyone working with this agency? I was thinking of querying but I noticed there are editing services offered on the website, which is sort of offputting