• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Andrew Nurnberg Associates

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
congrats, saskatoonistan (dang, but your username's absolutely challenging to spell out)! i read your blog. inspiring. but i do have one question - not considering the time and effort that JS spent on your manuscript, were there other things that made you think she "got" your writing?

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
congrats, saskatoonistan (dang, but your username's absolutely challenging to spell out)! i read your blog. inspiring. but i do have one question - not considering the time and effort that JS spent on your manuscript, were there other things that made you think she "got" your writing?

Thanks mairi!

To answer your question, I knew that Jenny *got* the point of the story when she had an idea of what the second book would be about. Of course, her careful review of two revisions pointed out inconsistencies in the plot not to mention how to improve the romantic elements - she understood what I wanted to do with the romance and knew that I'd need to be pointed in the right direction of precisely how to do it.

She made me work my tail off and the story is a thousand times better because of her insight. :)

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks mairi!

To answer your question, I knew that Jenny *got* the point of the story when she had an idea of what the second book would be about. Of course, her careful review of two revisions pointed out inconsistencies in the plot not to mention how to improve the romantic elements - she understood what I wanted to do with the romance and knew that I'd need to be pointed in the right direction of precisely how to do it.

She made me work my tail off and the story is a thousand times better because of her insight. :)

Ty so much for answering, Saska. Ive been reading so many posts abt those who had just become agented, and they always say they chose this agent coz he/she "got" the book, w/c I never got until now. :)

psymun

Registered
Reaction score
'Ello! Realise I'm bringing an older thread back from its watery grave here, but just wondered if anyone had any submissions with this agency, or any experience? I'm just thinking about agencies to apply to - I actually live outside the UK at the moment, so some agencies would prefer not to have international applicants, but Andrew Nurnberg seems like they do?

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
'Ello! Realise I'm bringing an older thread back from its watery grave here, but just wondered if anyone had any submissions with this agency, or any experience? I'm just thinking about agencies to apply to - I actually live outside the UK at the moment, so some agencies would prefer not to have international applicants, but Andrew Nurnberg seems like they do?

I'm in Saskatchewan Canada and I just signed with them in August 2010, so overseas is ok. I love my agent and her team :)

psymun

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Saskatoonistan ^^ A quick flexing of my quick-search muscles shows that your agent is the same one I was thinking about! Well done on getting signed up, man - I'll check out your website now and feel happy about the fact that writers are still getting agents. Just knowing it goes on gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, eh? =)

Alibear

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, only just joined, first ever post, but just wanted to say that I can't submit to this agency either, and it's the first time I've had this problem. It comes back every time marked as spam. I sent a polite short email to their other contact address, explaining the problem, and asking for advice - no reply. Maybe they don't want submissions?

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Hi, only just joined, first ever post, but just wanted to say that I can't submit to this agency either, and it's the first time I've had this problem. It comes back every time marked as spam. I sent a polite short email to their other contact address, explaining the problem, and asking for advice - no reply. Maybe they don't want submissions?

I talked with my agent's assistant and they're in the process of fixing their spam filters. IT is on it and should be good to go in a few days. Yes, they are accepting queries, so give it a week and see. If I hear anything in the meantime, I'll post an update. :)

psymun

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Saskatoonistan, you're like the man on the inside...
Good to know her assistant is reading queries, though. I actually sent an e-mail to Jenny Savill using the website comment section, 'cause there was a quirk (me being abroad), and sent my stuff to her after she confirmed it was OK. That e-mail got through. With this agency having a 'no reply means no' policy, though, it's hard to know how long to wait after that!

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Wow, Saskatoonistan, you're like the man on the inside...
Good to know her assistant is reading queries, though. I actually sent an e-mail to Jenny Savill using the website comment section, 'cause there was a quirk (me being abroad), and sent my stuff to her after she confirmed it was OK. That e-mail got through. With this agency having a 'no reply means no' policy, though, it's hard to know how long to wait after that!

I completely understand - been down that road, lol! :) Jenny is my agent and I wish you luck!

Alibear

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Sask, that was very kind of you. I'll leave it a week, and try again :)

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
I've been in touch with my agent's assistant - the web issues are now fixed and it's been tested so you're free to submit queries. I'm also to pass on that if you haven't heard anything in three month's time then it's a definitive "no".

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Any recent interactions with this agency? I'm thinking of subbing to Ms. Savill.