• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Richard Curtis Associates, Inc.

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com
Hello. Has anyone any new updates on this agency?

According to Mr.Curtis' website, http://www.curtisagency.com/submissions.html:
"Updated February 2008: We regret that at this time we are not considering materials from new authors. The agency no longer reads fiction or non-fiction submissions by authors who have not been previously published by a major publisher. Also, please note that we do not represent stage plays or screenplays, short fiction/non-fiction, or poetry. Nor do we accept queries or submissions by fax or email unless personally requested."

The agencies genre:
http://writersservices.com/agent/us09/Richard_Curtis.htm

A whopping 101 hits on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?u...-keywords="Richard+Curtis+Associates"&x=0&y=0

Last edited by a moderator:

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I just saw your post. I queried Richard Curtis on 12/04, and received a request for the full mss on 12/05, stating he would read it within the week (still pending). I do see on PM that they've had 16 deals in the last 12 months. Their genre seems pretty eclectic. I don't know about the post on their web site from 02/2008, but I did find Mr. Curtis' email address on PM ([email protected]), so I would say it doesn't hurt to try. What do you have to lose?

-Maddie

52greg

Registered
Reaction score
I just saw your post. I queried Richard Curtis on 12/04, and received a request for the full mss on 12/05, stating he would read it within the week (still pending). I do see on PM that they've had 16 deals in the last 12 months. Their genre seems pretty eclectic. I don't know about the post on their web site from 02/2008, but I did find Mr. Curtis' email address on PM ([email protected]), so I would say it doesn't hurt to try. What do you have to lose?

-Maddie

I just e-queried Mr. Curtis. We'll see what happens.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
His website says his agency is not taking submissions from unpublished writers.
Writers must have been published by a 'major' publisher before he'll consider them.

Eric Nylund and David Duncan are with him, so Curtis must be doing right by them, and the other writers in his group. I'm just curious about Curtis and other newbies-need-not-apply agencies -- is word-of-mouth recommendation enough to fill the attrition gaps, as older writers retire or burn out? Do they get enough interesting pitches at conferences?

Filigree

S. L. Saboviec

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
It appears that this agency is now taking submissions, but is it only from established authors? He also has no email address on his webpage or QueryTracker.net, but the statistics show that he responded to at least 3 email requests, two of them for requests for more.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
E-Reads acquired by Open Road last year (PM article).