Burned, Decapitated, Dismembered--and Ignored?

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Puerto Rican police arrested a suspect earlier today in connection with a gay man’s gruesome murder.

Authorities took Juan Jose Martinez Torres, 26, into custody in connection with Jorge Steven López’s murder. Pedro Julio Serrano of the National Gay & Lesbian Task Force identified the suspect to EDGE as Juan Jose Martinez Torres. El Vocero and other Puerto Rican media outlets continue to report the suspect reportedly offered López money for sex.

López was found decapitated, dismembered and partially burned in a wooded area near Cayey on Nov. 13.

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=news&sc3=&id=99089

If I hadn't been on Facebook and seen this story, I would have never read about it.

Between the constant updates about Sarah Palin's book tour and the Jon and Kate idiocy, you'd think the mainstream media would squeeze in a little time about the horrific murder of a young, gay Puerto Rican.

Sorry. I know better.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
This is something I have always felt:

A kid gets raped, eaten and killed on the US and it's a heyday for the media circus; a kid gets raped, eaten and killed down here and people forget about it in a week.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
This is something I have always felt:

A kid gets raped, eaten and killed on the US and it's a heyday for the media circus; a kid gets raped, eaten and killed down here and people forget about it in a week.

Uh-huh. Very true.

It's a horrible thing to happen. Unfortunately, we actually have a lot of adults whose bodies get dismembered and burnt in the US, and for ridiculous reasons. I don't know why we focus so much on certain stories. But yes, I agree that a little blond kid having this happen would be a totally different situation!