• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Graybill & English

lrs

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on agents Graybill and English? Good or bad? Thanks!

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Graybill & English

The agency is listed in the 2005 Guide to Literary Agents, and is recognized as legit on P&E. There is a photograph of the agents, with bios, and background information on the agency available at http://www.fictionaddiction.net/

Everything I have read about this agency is positive -- as for my own experience, I received a very flattering response to my query letter. They've had my partial manuscript for three months now ... frustrating ... but their entry in the Guide says 3 - 6 months turn-around time, so ...

Hope this helps!

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Update

Well, I finally heard back from Graybill & English -- the agent Lynn Whittaker, to be more precise. Besides taking more than four months to get back to me regarding the partial she requested ... she declined to represent my novel because, she said, of the difficulty in getting mysteries published these days ...

My book is an historical novel, and in no way resembles a mystery!

Grrr.

Last edited:

the1dsquared

Dave Diamantes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deadpenpals.com
Lynn Whittaker

Graybill and English is legit. Ms. Whittaker declined to represent my novel after reading five chapters, but wrote me a personal letter. It took several months, which is what I expected. I consider it a positive experience.

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
News about Graybill and English

Graybill & English is no longer accepting clients.

After eight wonderful, successful years the principals of Graybill & English, LLC and The Graybill & English Literary Agency, LLC have decided to embark on new and separate endeavors. Graybill & English, LLC will cease active operations effective February 28, 2006.

We want to assure all clients and authors that Graybill & English, LLC will continue to fulfill all financial and escrow obligations until such expire under all current agreements. We also want to assure all current and past clients of the law firm and all authors and submitters to the literary agency that the individual attorney or agent with whom they have been working (or to whom they submitted materials) has custody of all relevant files, manuscripts, and other documents. That individual agent or attorney should be contacted directly with any questions or for any needed follow-up.

I wondered what happened after Elaine requested the first three chapters, I never heard back.:Shrug: