AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Tribute Books

[Publisher] Tribute Books

Has anyone ever heard of this publishing company.

Tribute Books celebrates its 5th year in 2009 as a independent publisher for independent writers.

http://www.tribute-books.com/about.html

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

banned as an incurable tosspot
    Holy ****! I guess, if you have $500 to spare, it's an alternative to Lulu.

And that's for the bare-bones, get-a-listing-on-Amazon package. http://www.tribute-books.com/pricingform.pdf

Better hope you don't have more than 50 typos, because corrections are $2 apiece after that.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin TributeBooks's Avatar

Happy to answer any questions

Hello,

First off, I'd like to introduce myself since I am new to Absolute Write Water Cooler.

I found this thread when it appeared in my Google Alerts.

I am thrilled that people are discovering Tribute Books, but I would like to clear up a few points.

We are an independent publisher more in line with the subsidy category. We offer authors a 10% royalty on the retail price for every copy sold through us.

We do have start-up costs that fund author copies, cover design, interior page layout, ISBN, copyright, Library of Congress, press release distribution, book signing coordination, Amazon, Ingram & Baker & Taylor, video book trailer, eBook distribution, online reviewers, etc.

We are definitely not like LuLu. We offer so much more. Please check out our Press section - http://www.tribute-books.com/press.html - we continually market our titles even several years after their initial release.

We are dedicated to our authors. You are not just a number when you choose to work with us.

Thank you,
    Nicole Langan
    Tribute Books

Writer Beware's Faithful Igor Richard White's Avatar
    Subsidy is just another name for vanity.

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard White View Post
    Subsidy is just another name for vanity.
    QFT. I'd prefer my publisher to shoulder those costs.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Has removed the "start-up costs", but royalties are now 50% of "net profit" (ebook).
    ICAO
    ---------

In '14, dropped publishing (and website), to focus on reviews and blog tours. http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/
    ICAO
    ---------