Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.


 

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2274246474849505152
Results 1,276 to 1,286 of 1286

Thread: Carina Press

  1. #1276
    New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela James View Post
    Signing to publication depends almost entirely on each individual author because we put together a plan for each author, based on their ability to deliver not just book one but subsequent manuscripts, so we can build a reader base and use momentum. That means we can publish something 5-6 months from signing (building in time for edits, copy edits, proofreading, production and retail uploading) or it might be 12 months from signing. But the author is always involved in timing/scheduling and we've re-arranged at author's request more than once.
    Speaking of signing...which I would LOVE to do with Carina someday...I was just curious to know if submission response times tend to take much longer than 3 months? I subbed back in November and wrote in once the 90 days had passed (which was about 2 weeks ago). I got a very prompt response from an editorial member saying my submission was still being reviewed and I'd be contacted as soon as they had a response for me. Other than being incredibly antsy and hopeful, I just wondered if there was an additional amount of time I could expect to wait; some sort of upper limit where I should maybe check in again?

    And, as an aside: I've found the sub process to be a joy with Submittable!

    Thanks in advance,
    Ember Leigh

  2. #1277
    savvy editor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    148
    It really shouldn't take more than 3 months but sometimes a submission does get misplaced in the queue. I've sent along your name and asked them to investigate and get back to you!

  3. #1278
    New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela James View Post
    It really shouldn't take more than 3 months but sometimes a submission does get misplaced in the queue. I've sent along your name and asked them to investigate and get back to you!
    Wow! Thank you so much! Very much looking forward to the final word on this submission

    Edit: My most recent submission (in February) was responded to very quickly. But the one I submitted in November is still showing as in-progress. Ack! Back to waiting...
    Last edited by emberleigh; 03-08-2017 at 10:15 AM.

  4. #1279
    New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3
    Has anyone asked a query via the submissions email? The info says 72 hours for a reply, but it's been longer than that and I'm wondering if I should wait it out a little longer or if I should send another email.

    Thanks
    --
    Rebecca Cohen
    Love across time, space and reality
    http://rebeccacohenwrites.wordpress.com/


  5. #1280
    New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Cohen View Post
    Has anyone asked a query via the submissions email? The info says 72 hours for a reply, but it's been longer than that and I'm wondering if I should wait it out a little longer or if I should send another email.

    Thanks

    Just to say feedback received so all resolved.
    --
    Rebecca Cohen
    Love across time, space and reality
    http://rebeccacohenwrites.wordpress.com/


  6. #1281
    New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3
    Has anyone here ever sent in something when Carina asked for proposals? I sent in a proposal for their Paranormal call back in May and it's been just over the time limit but I thought since it wasn't a whole MS that they'd get back sooner rather than later. Of course, I have no idea how their process works, so I'm probably wrong. I'm just hesitant to nudge them because I don't want to look like I'm impatient and bugging them.

    Also if they accept the proposal, what are the odds they'll reject the book once it's submitted? Anyone have that happen?

  7. #1282
    figuring it all out
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    58
    I did a different call for proposals. I sent in 3 chapters and a 5 page synopsis and got a full request. About a month after I sent in my full I got a form rejection. But they usually take much much much longer to get to submissions.

  8. #1283
    New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by JustWonderin View Post
    I did a different call for proposals. I sent in 3 chapters and a 5 page synopsis and got a full request. About a month after I sent in my full I got a form rejection. But they usually take much much much longer to get to submissions.
    Well, that sucks. I guess, I'd just like to know if they have any interest at all and if not, I'll go about submitting it to other publishers who don't do simultaneous submissions which is why I haven't sent it anywhere else yet.

    Thanks for the reply.

  9. #1284
    practical experience, FTW Pisco Sour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mad woman in the attic
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by CLMustafic View Post
    Has anyone here ever sent in something when Carina asked for proposals? I sent in a proposal for their Paranormal call back in May and it's been just over the time limit but I thought since it wasn't a whole MS that they'd get back sooner rather than later. Of course, I have no idea how their process works, so I'm probably wrong. I'm just hesitant to nudge them because I don't want to look like I'm impatient and bugging them.

    Also if they accept the proposal, what are the odds they'll reject the book once it's submitted? Anyone have that happen?
    If it's gone past the time they stated they'd respond to the proposal submissions I would get in touch. I write for Carina and can attest to the fact there aren't any writer-eating ogres over there. Joking aside, I don't believe they'll blacklist you for a polite enquiry. Could be your submission got lost. These things do happen. HTH

  10. #1285
    Resist. Love. Go outside. Marlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by CLMustafic View Post
    Well, that sucks. I guess, I'd just like to know if they have any interest at all and if not, I'll go about submitting it to other publishers who don't do simultaneous submissions which is why I haven't sent it anywhere else yet.

    Thanks for the reply.
    They say you can contact them after the usual 12 weeks response time is up. From their submission guidelines:
    Please allow 12 weeks for an editorial response to your submission. If a response has not been received after 12 weeks, please follow up via your Submittable account at https://carinapress.submittable.com/submit by adding a note to your submission log.
    I'm a twit, too: @PearsonMarlys

  11. #1286
    New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3
    Thank you, Pisco Sour and Marlys. I took your advice and sent them a polite inquiry and have already heard back from them. Just have to wait another week or so to find out if it's a yes or no.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2274246474849505152

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Custom Search