• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Printer] The Maple Press Co. / Vail-Ballou Press

LovetoWrite

Registered
Reaction score
I live about 15 minutes away from York, PA and while driving in the area two days ago I drove past The Maple Press.

I would like to know if anyone has used them? They also own Vail-Ballou Press and are in five locations.

http://www.maple-vail.com/

LovetoWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Its possible no one here has used them.
If anyone more knowledgeable cared to take a look at the site and let me know what their first impression is, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
This appears to be a book printing company whose clients would be publishers, not authors. Is that what you are looking for?

LovetoWrite

Registered
Reaction score
After reading other threads I kinda agree with zpeteman and JFBookman about going offset printing instead of POD. They say they can do as little as 250 in a run.

I would like someone who has done research on printers to give my their opinion. I think by the website they give very detailed information.

1. Is there any stories by people who have used them that should make me beware?

2. Is there something on the website I am missing and should look out for before using them?

I would like to call them and maybe get a tour and speak to a sales agent.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Vail-Ballou Press plant closed as of New Years.

LovetoWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the update.

I was worried until I read the article and it seems the York, PA plant is now handling all production. This is the plant that is 20 minutes from my home.