The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Printer] The Maple Press Co. / Vail-Ballou Press

figuring it all out

[Printer] The Maple Press Co. / Vail-Ballou Press

I live about 15 minutes away from York, PA and while driving in the area two days ago I drove past The Maple Press.

I would like to know if anyone has used them? They also own Vail-Ballou Press and are in five locations.

http://www.maple-vail.com/

figuring it all out
    Its possible no one here has used them.
    If anyone more knowledgeable cared to take a look at the site and let me know what their first impression is, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks.

practical experience, FTW Nandi's Avatar
    This appears to be a book printing company whose clients would be publishers, not authors. Is that what you are looking for?

Choosing Africa: A Midlife Journey from Mission to Meaning is now available from the publisher, in paperback and as an e-book, and also from Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com

Please visit my website:
    www.choosingafrica.com

figuring it all out
    After reading other threads I kinda agree with zpeteman and JFBookman about going offset printing instead of POD. They say they can do as little as 250 in a run.

I would like someone who has done research on printers to give my their opinion. I think by the website they give very detailed information.

1. Is there any stories by people who have used them that should make me beware?

2. Is there something on the website I am missing and should look out for before using them?

I would like to call them and maybe get a tour and speak to a sales agent.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Vail-Ballou Press plant closed as of New Years.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

figuring it all out

Smile

Thank you for the update.

I was worried until I read the article and it seems the York, PA plant is now handling all production. This is the plant that is 20 minutes from my home.