• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kiwi Publishing

pmadams

Registered
Reaction score
Website
pmadams.wordpress.com
Anyone know anything about Kiwi Publishing? A contact of mine recommended them, but I just wondered if you guys had had any dealings with them. They are not listed on P&E and I checked out their website which looks pretty good.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
KIWI Publishing actively seeks manuscripts from undiscovered, previously unpublished authors.(We've heard this before) We are looking for creative and imaginative authors. Whether you have a complete manuscript, or a partial, we want to talk to you.(Why? Why would they want to look at a partially finished manuscript unless it's a non-fic?) We are interested in publishing novels or nonfiction for all age groups, with themes of personal growth or inspirational success. In addition, we look for fables or adventure stories that promote strong moral values and principles for success.

Our unique method of working with authors provides the opportunity for new authors to reach their publishing potential while becoming profitable and recognized in a short period.

Bolded mine.

I don't know, they make me a little wary. Something about the wording just...doesn't fit right. Nothing about who runs the company. But if they serve a niche which they kind of appear to do, they may be doing all right for that.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
From their company profile page:

Kiwi Publishing was founded by Eitan & Stacey Battat in 2004. Since its inception, the company has been actively collecting stories for its Thin Threads Book series . We invite you to share your own personal triumph by submitting your story in our Thin Threads .

Company Profile

Looking at Amazon, they've put out four books that I can find - all are non-fiction, trade paperback, most have an Amazon rating in the millions and all but one appear to be out of stock.

They definitely have a Google footprint.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
That's all nice and dandy, but neither has publishing experience (I missed the Company profile link at the top lol).

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site hasn't been updated since '11, but they're still publishing.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site gone, last book published in '13.