Hi there!

gabby519

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

This website is wonderful! :) I'm so appreciative of all the helpful posts I've read that I finally decided to join. I'm looking forward to getting to know this great group of writers! Hopefully one day I'll have some words of wisdom to contribute too... :)

A little about myself...I'm 27 and work as a freelance writer, mostly doing marketing materials. My true passion, of course, is creative writing. In early September I finished my 50,000-word middle grade/early young adult fiction novel, and I've spent the past few months polishing up the book and learning all that I can about the publishing industry. I'm in dire need of constructive criticism by my fellow writers, so hopefully I'm in the right place!

Thanks for reading...I'm excited to be here! :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

fringle

always abroad
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! You should check out the SYW section (Share Your Word) there's a kid lit area there where you can post parts of your work for critiques. The writers there are very helpful.

gabby519

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for such a warm welcome! :) I'm so glad I finally joined. I will definitely be checking out the kidlit area of SYW- thanks for the suggestion!

Oh and I like my popcorn lightly buttered and salted. :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Thanks again for making me feel so welcome!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

You've come to the write (see what I did there? write instead of right :D Oh I crack myself up sometimes) place for all your writing needs.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, which is in a sticky thread at the top of the Newbie Forum. If you have any problems you can PM (private message) me and I'll see if I can help. If you have general questions for the forum moderators (mods) then you can also PM them privately, or in fact post in the Super-Dooper Newbie 'Ask the Mod' thread. The link is below in my sig line.

You should also check out Cathy_C's thread, which is also stickied at the top of the Newbie forum, Next on our tour, if you'll look to the left, you'll notice... This thread will tell you all you need to know about the various buttons and icons, and also about rep points, how to PM (private message) members, custom avatars and a whole host of other useful stuff.

If you need some feedback on your writing, you can post some in our Share Your Work forum (the password is vista). The critiques can be harsh sometimes ... but honest, so prepare yourself for that. Everyone means well, though. Their goal is to get you the best novel/story/article possible and to get it published. Also, it does help to bring them cookies :D . Everyone likes cookies, right? You could also critique some of the other members' work too. It is surprising how that can help with you own. Check out the how-to guide threads in Main Share Your Work sub-forum, then post your material in one of the genre sub-forums.

Plus, if you haven't stopped by the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread yet, then don't forget to pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And it's so much fun. :D

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies?