• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

WordLink, Inc. (formerly Word|Link L.A. / Word|Link, Ltd.)

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
(Can't find this anywhere else on this site!)

Does anyone have any experience with Word.Link or Daniel Myers?

He's based in New Zealand but is an American and says he divides his time between there and the U.S. His website says he's closed to unsolicited queries, but his PM page makes it look as though he's open to them. He also has his own in-house editing services--don't know whether that's a good thing?

I'd appreciate any feedback.

PM page: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/Wordlink/

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, thanks, Richard. Makes me feel better that I wasn't the only one seeing red flags here. :)

Eirin

Likes picnic with roast beef.
Registered
Reaction score
No mention of the genres he represents.

No list of books he has placed.

No list of the authors he represents.

No information on himself and his experience in publishing.

No credentials.

Why would anyone enter into a business deal with so little information about the potential partner?

Reactions: Mutive

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
No mention of the genres he represents.

No list of books he has placed.

No list of the authors he represents.

No information on himself and his experience in publishing.

No credentials.

Why would anyone enter into a business deal with so little information about the potential partner?

On Daniel Myers's PM page he lists Paul Cleave, Wade Tabor, Ben Greer, and himself as his leading clients. It also says he specializes in: "General fiction, Mystery, Juvenile fiction, History, Crime, Humor, Historical, Satire (traditional), Thriller." His most recent sales are 2 Paul Cleave books and one by Susan Tarr.

Eirin

Likes picnic with roast beef.
Registered
Reaction score
So he does.

I only looked at the webpage, since that's where I'd expect to find basic information on a person/company I consider doing business with. There are successful literary agencies that don't have much of an internet presence though, so further research is always in order.

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
So he does.

I only looked at the webpage, since that's where I'd expect to find basic information on a person/company I consider doing business with. There are successful literary agencies that don't have much of an internet presence though, so further research is always in order.

I agree! And I do think its strange that he doesn't list his clients on his own website, like most agencies. It's disconcerting when the PM page and the site are different/have different info.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
I've never heard of an agent who represents himself as a client. Not sure I'd want an agent who counts himself as one of his clients.

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything else about them or the agent Vicki Marsdon? I have a full out with her and I can't really find anything on her sales history or track record on AgentQuery or QueryTracker, and it's making me a bit worried.

Edit: I see WordLink is listed as "Not recommended" on Preditors & Editors. I wonder why...

Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Someone else on AW once said that there's no such thing as a stealth agent. If you can't find information on this agent--especially via AgentQuery and QueryTracker where authors are putting up all the info they can find--then that's a bad sign. Ditto for the "Not Recommended" on P&E.

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
What concerns me the most about them, besides the fact that I can't seem to find any solid info on Vicki and her sales, is that when I looked up their author's books, only several of them were through mid-sized/large publishers like St. Martin's Press and Macmillan, while most seemed to be through small presses that take unagented submissions (Month9 Books, Diversion Books, Sky Pony Press), or Amazon Digital Services.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Currently headed by Dean Krystek (PM page), and dba WordLink, Inc.

JacquelynDohoney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacquelyndohoney.com
Anyone have anything new on this agency? I got a MoodPitch like from them. It looks like they've had several sales (29 total, 3 in the last year) and one of my Twitter friends speaks very highly of this agent. Just curious if there is anything new in the last few years!