• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Calliope Content Development

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had dealings with Calliope Content Development based in Chicago who describe themselves as a fullservice literary agency and consultancy
http://www.calliopecontent.com/

Sara Wolski, founder and president, appears to have reasonable experience in magazine publishing. Nothing on the site about any books sold so far

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
I'm a little nervous about the "consulting" services offered.

I can't tell from her client list if that's people she's 'agenting' for or if she's done editing for.

I'd like to see more on her agenting stuff.

At least it's a clean web site.

Lucy Dashwood

Registered
Reaction score
What's her background in agenting? Has she worked in an agency? What's "content development" exactly?

charlys

new author
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. I think I'll take a chance and send her the first 3 chapters. If she comes back with trying to get me into some sort of fee-based arrangement, I'll let her know it's a conflict of interest with her consulting side and tell her thanks but no thanks. My full ms. is with another agency by request but it's not an exclusive so I've nothing to lose.

charlys

new author
Registered
Reaction score
Oops! I did some more investigation into Calliope. She only lists two authors by name under reviews. I looked up one and found he was published by a self-publishing company. Perhaps recommended or sent to by Calliope. The other one Frank Victoria, author of The Founders' Plot I couldn't find anywhere. I'm going to write this agency off and look elsewhere.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I sent in a requested partial but they came back with a no-thanks. Guess that was a good thing.

sfauthor

Registered
Reaction score
Sara Wolski

She rejected my query in seven days. (Historical fiction.)

Gone With The Wind was rejected 132 times - I'm getting there!