AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Calliope Content Development

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar

[Agency] Calliope Content Development

Anyone had dealings with Calliope Content Development based in Chicago who describe themselves as a fullservice literary agency and consultancy
    http://www.calliopecontent.com/

Sara Wolski, founder and president, appears to have reasonable experience in magazine publishing. Nothing on the site about any books sold so far

Writer Beware's Faithful Igor Richard White's Avatar
    I'm a little nervous about the "consulting" services offered.

I can't tell from her client list if that's people she's 'agenting' for or if she's done editing for.

I'd like to see more on her agenting stuff.

At least it's a clean web site.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Lucy Dashwood's Avatar
    What's her background in agenting? Has she worked in an agency? What's "content development" exactly?
    Nothing is inevitable.

new author
    I agree. I think I'll take a chance and send her the first 3 chapters. If she comes back with trying to get me into some sort of fee-based arrangement, I'll let her know it's a conflict of interest with her consulting side and tell her thanks but no thanks. My full ms. is with another agency by request but it's not an exclusive so I've nothing to lose.

new author
    Oops! I did some more investigation into Calliope. She only lists two authors by name under reviews. I looked up one and found he was published by a self-publishing company. Perhaps recommended or sent to by Calliope. The other one Frank Victoria, author of The Founders' Plot I couldn't find anywhere. I'm going to write this agency off and look elsewhere.

What happened to my LIFE?! childeroland's Avatar
    I sent in a requested partial but they came back with a no-thanks. Guess that was a good thing.
    Perhaps the most amazing thing about the universe is that we could create an infinite catalogue of things, worlds and beings that no one has seen and which do not exist. Each story in the realm of fiction is a small part of that catalogue.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Sara Wolski

She rejected my query in seven days. (Historical fiction.)

Gone With The Wind was rejected 132 times - I'm getting there!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site is gone. Agency closed Fall '09, going by the bio on this article: http://www.chicagoartistsresource.or...ary/node/30457.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: