Freelance Gift Swap!

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blacklabelbooks.blogspot.com
It's that time of year again!

The Semi-Annual Freelance Holiday Gift Swap!
(semi-annual because we missed last year-duh me)

Ok, this is how it works:

• Comment in THIS thread if you are joining in.
  • Email me with your email address- my PMs filled up last time and I do NOT want to miss anyone. writingallnight AT gmail DOT com
  • Be willing to spend $25-no more. Shipping does not count towards the gift amount.
  • Indicate in your email to me if you can ship only in your country so I can pair you with someone local or if you can ship internationally.
  • Be aware that you are commiting to send a gift. If you do not, someone will be without a gift from the swap and that isn't cool.

PLEASE understand that all religions are welcome. No religion? join in,too! Religious references of any kind are not acceptable - except in your email to me indicating if you are comfortable with religious gifts. I will pair people with like-minded beliefs if indicated in the email - if you're comfortable with any religion or no religion- let me know, too.

After your initial email, I will send you an email form that has areas for you to list your likes and dislikes to give your Secret Swapper a better idea of how to shop for you.

Please scroll down to the form!!

I am pairing Secret Swappers until November 15th. This will allow ample time for shopping and shipping. Because of holiday shipping times, unless everyone has their gifts in hand before 12/31/2009- Please do not post pictures or thank you's. I will make an official Gift Opening thread as soon as everyone has received their gift!

I added the form here to streamline this. Just fill it out, email it to me and add in your religious preference if you have or do not have one and comfort level to the form.

AW Gift Swap Form
Thank you for participating! You will be sent your Giftee as soon as the join-up period closes. Your participation may be the only holiday cheer some receive this year- thank you for being a bright spot in someone's day this season.

On to the form!

Your AW forum name:

Your real name:

Shipping address:

Your e-mail:

What are you interested in the most?

Anything you love or collect?

Favorite colors:

Favorite scents:

Any books you would like?

Are DIY items okay?: (crafts, food, anything handmade)

Allergies or health conditions that prohibit certain foods or chemicals in popular gifts?:

Anything you DO NOT want to receive:

Last edited:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds fun! I'd like to join, please :)

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Just sent in my form--I thought I had already done it. Yes, I am a moron, albeit a scatterbrained one. Oops, I shouldn't say 'brains' right below wyntermoon;her Nano zombies may invade my message. ;)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Oops, I missed this earlier. I did send it, but I will resend as we speak :) Make sure to check your spam filter if you don't see anything.

ETA: Done :) It's a FW now, from a hotmail.co.uk addy. Let me know if I need to try another way.

Last edited:

eric11210

Registered
Reaction score
Just noticed this thread and sent mine in today. I hope I'm not too late and I hope someone doesn't mind shipping all the way here. BTW, I indicated what I'd like to send in my e-mail to you, so if you know of someone who would appreciate that kind of thing, let me know.

Eric

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisebertacchi.wordpress.com
Hey guys! I'm having a hard time picking out a gift for my swap. My person was a little too vague. By a show of hands, who thinks that a box of nice chocolates would make a good generic gift? Would anyone with kids have a hard time keeping that to herself?

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I think a nice box of chocolates always works :) I got one one Valentine's Day that I'd given up candy for Lent so I couldn't even eat it, but it made me really popular among the folks near me :D

eric11210

Registered
Reaction score
Only issue with chocolate is if your person is diabetic (BTW, whoever has me, I'm diabetic, so if you send me chocolate I'll just give it to friends).

Eric

Still Seaking

Doing what I was born to do.
Registered
Reaction score
This sucks! I've been out of the realm for quite a while, I get back in and find out I've missed this and it would've been so much fun! Julie, I'm in for next year and any other social activities done. I think it'd be nice if we could have some get togethers over the country for Absolute Write, not like conventions just like whoever wants to meet at a restaurant or some one's house. I'd love to have something at my house, maybe I'll be in a big enough place next year and if there are any fellow AWers out there near me, we can all get together and open our gifts, take pictures and what not....

Can you tell I haven't socialized in a while! The one drawback to working for yourself, at least in my case I see only my family and me.