With so little deep information it's impossible to tell if you have a viable memoir to write (or to be ghostwritten) that would be meaningful. I suspect ghostwritten.

I do and have done a good deal of ghostwriting, but never on a lark, at least in my opinion.

Know this, if you even start to get involved with a capable ghostwriter it's going to cost you a lot of money.
Publishing credits can usually be worked out, but money can't.

To give you an idea, this is basically how I do it. I'm sure others work differently.

1) I meet with the individual several meetings, listening to what he or she wants me to write about (subject matter and details). I ask a lot of questions and make lots of notes. The individual pays a previously discussed fee for my time and work.

2) I take my notes home and do a whole lot of research to see what's in publication about the subject matter, and the slant the individual wants me to bring to the work. I also discuss the potential project with my agent and many others in the publishing business.

3) If my decision is a "go", I meet with the individual and discuss what I discovered and any different slant I either suggest or insist upon if I'm to do the work.
We also discuss a fee for the work I'm to do, whether or not the finished product gets published (usually 50% up front - 25% when half-way through - 25% upon completion)

4) If all's good with the individual, I go home and put together an agenda (e.g., how long I think it will take to produce a submittable work, including a proposal --- a timetable of meetings with the individual, including where and when and for what period of time --- getting chapters to the individual for approval (and by what date I need them back) --- and so on.

That's a very brief outline of how a ghostwriter works, at least me.