November: Just Hit Send!

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Y'all must be wiped out from trick-or-treating and NaNo, it's already 4p!

Wakey wakey, eggs and bac-y, people!

My goal for November:

• NANOWRIMO!

That is all.

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A.....n.....d she's off and running. Not just Stace, but the month. Good luck to all of you doing NANO. I think you're all nuts, but then again that was established long ago when you (we) became writers. After all I think it's a prerequisite that all writers be a little off-balance. *s* (my attempt at humor here).

At any rate, I know you will all succeed marvelously at NANO. My goals? To get through the month. One writing day at a time. I may post some real writing goals later. Have a good month all.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I can't believe it's November already!!

Right! JHS goals - okay, here they are:
As you can see, I have a lot of "getting back on track" things listed. I don't know why, but last month just wasn't good. I need to get back into the swing of things.
NOTE: [11.28.09] I keep forgetting to update these lists - sorry about that! I've been blogging, and writing - but always forgetful. :D Plus, we had H1N1, pink eye, and horrible colds all happening at the same time here during week three . . . what a challenge that was!!!

Last edited:

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you two, "getting through the month" and "getting back on track" are my goals. More specifics to follow.

November?? Really?? Geeesh...

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I can't believe we're already nearing the end of '09 . . . I'm still trying to make my New Year's Resolutions!! LOL! Guess it's time to wipe that list, and start a new one for '10 (feels weird typing that number).

madfish

Registered
Reaction score
After some good omens from the universe last month, I'm hoping to really set (and make) some goals this month. I want to query 3 local magazines, write 3 posts a week for my blog and examiner page, start attending 2 local writing groups, outline a nonfiction book I've been thinking about, and draft an article that isn't due until January but that I want a headstart on. If my day job slows down, hopefully I can expand the list!

Good luck to you NanoWriMo participants. I decided I'm not ready for it yet, but you all are my heroes! :)

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pacificpurple.blogspot.com
I can't believe it's November either! My goal is pretty much to write and submit more! It's been a lazy year for me :( Time to get back on track so I'm in full swing come the New Year!

I've started off the month on a positive note by finally typing out some work and submitting them! :D

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Yay! That IS a positive start, April! :D This year has been up and down for me . . . I need to get consistent. BTW, I love your avatar . . . I want a coffee cup like that!! :D

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, Jenn! :) This morning I have been going through all of my articles figuring out what I can still submit, what's a reprint etc. I have been so unorganized it's sad. Like yesterday I got a rejection and for the life of me I can't remember what I submitted to them. I could check my records but it appears I didn't write it down. Bad, April! At least it can only be one of a few articles, lol. *sigh* I will be better from now on.

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
You're not the only one this has happened to . . . which is why I started using the Organized Writer's Sidetracked Planner. I'm sure I sound like a commercial, but it's saved me. If I keep it open next to me (even if it's under a pile), I'll remember to write down what's necessary. However, when it's put away neatly . . . I forget to write in it when querying!!! EEP! LOL!

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have a notebook that works well for me and I got it all organized today! Yay! Gonna keep it right in front of me from now on. I used to be so organized and I let myself slip.

michellek

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.associatedcontent.com
Arisa,
Good Idea! I need a small notebook to keep me organized. It helps me better than using a computer all the time despite being able to walk around with a usb stick. It just isn't the same. Thank you for the wonderful idea!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, all. My goal is to submit to more anthologies and if I can think of an idea for a novel. Hope we all do well!

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Michelle,
I like being organized on paper, it just works better for me than stuff on the computer :) Good luck.

Susie,
Good luck! I was also thinking of submitting to anthologies. :)

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
yea, it's November and I made it before the end of the month! Sanity has (somewhat) returned to my life. I have a few goals:

• Nanowrimo (I'm about 5000 words into it so far)
  • Send out two more short stories
  • Finish article for writingforDollars.com (by the weekend)
  • Send out five queries
  • Get our foster license
  • Convince hubby to get a town job so I don't have to

Matt Willard

Inquisitor of Zork
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.giantrobotinvasion.com
Been working on a lot of promotional guest stuff, and finally swallowing my fear of actually submitting humor material to magazines. As I work on my first big submission for an actual magazine, here's one of my guest posts - a Sega Master System retrospective over at vintage tech blog, Retro Thing:

Remembering The Sega Master System

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
November? No way?!

I disappeared in Oct. because that is a busy month in my household. I was born in Oct. and love Halloween, so we were at Halloween Horror Nights 16 nights of the month. Now I can finally refocus.

I did have a couple of magazine assignments between Sept. and Oct. Unfortunately, one is falling through even as I type this because none of the people I need to interview will talk...ugh (it's about an upcoming theme park project). I really, really wanted to work with that magazine too.

Other than that, I've been focusing on Demand Studios to the point of pulling in over $1500 per month there. I need to devote this month to queries since I have nothing else lined up magazine-wise at the moment other than one article for next month.

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Good luck with the goals!

I am happy to say I sold 2 articles today :) Both to Fellowscript. One is a reprint. I am usually bad about submitting reprints, so this encourages me to do it more.

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
$1500 a month from Demand Studios? Barb, you are my hero ... I'm lucky these days if I get the time to do five articles for the whole month! I wish I could say it is do to being so busy with magazine articles, but unfortunately all my time has been taken up with harvest and getting ready for winter. But harvest is over and I finally can get back to the fun stuff! :)

Arisa - congrats on the sales!

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, it's only Nov. 11, the month isn't quite half over yet. My goals, in addition to those listed earlier are really very simple. 1. Get off my duff and arrange some book signings now that the book is actually available. Planning is all well and good, but now I need to follow through. 2. Actually write and submit article idea I have for parenting mag.

Ya'll are all doing great, keep up the good work!!

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Hola AWers. Missed me? I was being an ostrich. Lol, you know - head in the sand, butt in the air. The good thing is, I've been working a writing. I JHSed once in October and once yesterday. I got a great blogging gig and wrote my first post this week (still pending approval) and the other I still have to square awaythe details.Bit by bit, I'm getting things done. :) Still posting at my portfolio about my writing and Nanowrimo as well as posts for the Freshman Writer. Examiner's still there but I'm back to posting once a week. Kiddo woke up sick on Monday. Went back to work on Tuesday and had the day off yesterday. I'm still going strong with Momslikeme though I need to be on top of it daily. I'm hoping to get more done with Nano because I'm not quitting until the end! Lol I've been journaling a lot and its been helping me focus so I want to add it to my daily routine. We'll see. No goals other than to keep on keeping on. :)