November: Just Hit Send!

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, you all are doing great! I could try to get back on track, but once I get there, I usually discover that it's a track for drunk unicyclists. Sooooo....not that productive. But I have been trying to do something every day, which keeps me in practice and boosts my Demand Studios paycheck. I'm also doing Nano, and I'm being a NaNo rebel: not doing regular fiction, but using the structure to write the Wisecrack Zodiac book, although there are a couple of chapters from another book that I'm working on entirely. Hey, it's nouveau literature, LOL.

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
well, I'm back for an update. My first post is up for my new gig: Check it out! Thanksgiving for Single Moms Also, I posted a mid-month check-in at my portfolio as well as posted about holiday writing at the Freshman Writer. I also posted about a new event coming up for music lovers and their parents at the examiner site. Still going strong with momslikeme and I'm waiting once again to hear from the newest gig (got it after Flaimahmy.com) for a sample so I can get started. I'm happy to say that I've made quite a bit this year with my writing. We'll see when I get all of my w-9's. It's so exciting for me to see how much I've progressed with writing this year while still holding down a full-time job. It hasn't been easy, but dammit, it's been worth it. :)

Matt Willard

Inquisitor of Zork
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.giantrobotinvasion.com
I am still here. Had to take some time off to recharge the batteries, but now I'm back and still chugging away. Working on getting things published, building my platform, et cetera. Participated in a roast for a popular internet celebrity, but not sure how effective it was in terms of promotion. Signed up for Writer's Market online and I plan to use it a lot to start publishing my work. I don't think I'm wise enough to keep going for the rosy rates I had before, so I think I'll have to settle for less when publishing these pieces. (But not too less - I have standards.)

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Looks like everyone took a break for the holiday, LOL! Once again I have not been good about checking in here regularly, but I am going to try to work it into my daily routine next month. I have a new prospect that I will share in Dec. if it comes through. Other than that, all done with my mag. assignments for the month so I'm aiming for $3000 through Demand Studios in December along with my other work.

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Wyntermoon - congrats on completing Nano! I petered out mid-month. The day job was too crazy for me to keep up. My outline wasn't enough to keep me writing regularly and I didn't take into account how stressful my day job could get. Then again who could say how crazy things would be? My round-up has been posted at my portfolio, the Cyber Monday Challenge is up at The Freshman Writer and I posted a couple of articles at my parenting site. Still haven't started the itinerary work, but I sure need to get the ball rolling so I can get over the learning curve. Lol. Need to work on some more article ideas for the parenting site for this week. And I want to break into a glossy next year and am working on ideas for that. Reading "Making a Living as a Freelance Writer" by our wonderful Jenna Glazter and it's really helping me get organized and ready for mag writing. :) Great to see everyone coming out of the tryptophan-induced comas! Lol

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Thanks Heiddi! This is my third attempt and the first one I've done without having a day job (ergo the win for me).

Let's see, last day of November. What do I have to do today that is not zombified?

- three reviews for MomGadget.com : one finished on the fabulousness of toilet cleaners
- start on four articles for newsletter for Berryville Main Street
- get back to blogging with gusto!

How are things wrapping up in Freelancing Land?