Almost game time, folks

Skodobah

I don't dream for nothing!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julieduck.com
Never expected this NaNo thing to be like waiting for Santa Claus. I'm freaked, like I'm prepping for a track meet or something. Or a first date. Yeah, it's like that - I'm dressed, the makeup is on, and now all I need is for him to arrive. Yikes!

- Julie

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't had time to think about nano at all today. Between the kid asking every five minutes when we're going trunk or treating (yes, you read that right) and the husband bugging me to get invoices in the mail, plus my own deadline for an article on Monday ... I have an idea, a sort-of plot and a title for no other reason than to take up space. On the plus side, I will be awake at midnight to start!

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Woot, I survived my Kick-Off! *falls over*

Just under seven hours in my area. Can't wait! And can't believe it's here!

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
I am freaking out. I am so excited. I went to brunch with some girlfriends - 2 just had surgery, 3 were just in Hawaii, and 1 just had an accident - and ALL I could focus on or talk about was my novel. lol. Thank God they are great friends and were enthusiastic and encouraging. One even offered some ideas and said I could call whenever I wanted to chat about the project because she thought it sounded cool.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
It's only 3 pm here... My desk is clean, I am about to ink all my fountain pens, put the new batteries in the Neo, arrange the notebook and ref materials in a ... and I just looked to the left, and I have more cleaning up to do... so I's better go....

...and I'm going to bake some cinnamon rolls! :)

Misa Buckley

Extraordinary Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
misabuckley.com
One hour, 55 minutes.

Probably not staying up until midnight though. Bit too old for all that malarky :)

Skodobah

I don't dream for nothing!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julieduck.com
For some reason (and maybe because I am tired, have eaten too much candy, and have to take my son trick 'or' treating tonight) the Nanowrimo.org website cannot recognize me. Then I have to get a new password and start over again. What gives?

Reaction score
I signed in just fine. Everyone who added me as a buddy - I've added you all right back.

So. In an hour and three quarters I'll be all set.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
actually it was a line dylan thomas often said, or wrote in letters, in reference to his constant need for money and barrage of begging letters aimed at that end.

Gotcha. I'm (obviously) not terribly familiar with Dylan Thomas. I know, I know, the blasphemey of it all!

I have heard that before, I realize now that you've explained, but it wasn't something I could call immediately to mind. And being someone who likes to dabble in the macbre, the "ravens" bit leapt out at me. One track mind, what can I say?

Oh, and since it *is* Halloween, I believe I'll post this, just because. And yes, I saw another version at AuthorScoop first. :D

OTOH, it did give me a bit of an idea, so thanks for that! Six hours and counting. Or is it seven? Stupid time change. *wanders away, muttering*