• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Great Lakes Literary, LLC / Crickhollow Books

LeeWoods

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any dealings, experience, etc., with Crickhollow Books in Madison, WI. It's a new imprint with Great Lakes Literary. Thank you.
Lee : )

Reaction score
Website
www.smartpeoplewrite1.blogspot.com
Crickhollow question (moved to B&BC)

Greetings, just joined AW and look forward to rewarding exchanges. For now, wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with Crickhollow publishers in Minneapolis (sp?). It's an arm of Great Lakes Literary, with Phil Martin as chief. Thanks much. Lee from Florida

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
The person in charge of Great Lakes Literary and Crickhollow Books now has Blue Zoo Writers.

Blue Zoo offers clear, fundamental advice on how to write better and get published. Every emerging writer has gaps in his/her skills and knowledge. Blue Zoo provides a way to fill those gaps with best practices: the time-tested methods to build a writing career used by successful and award-winning authors.

This sounds a bit vague to me. And from the About page:
Welcome, writers of the world! Blue Zoo is an online learning site for emerging writers, developed by Philip Martin of Great Lakes Literary and Crickhollow Books [more about me to come in a link here].

Still sound vague. I could be wrong, but it seems the target audience is "emerging writers" who probably don't know how publishing works.