AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Great Lakes Literary, LLC / Crickhollow Books

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin LeeWoods's Avatar

Great Lakes Literary, LLC / Crickhollow Books

Anyone have any dealings, experience, etc., with Crickhollow Books in Madison, WI. It's a new imprint with Great Lakes Literary. Thank you.
    Lee : )
    Lee

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding links: http://www.greatlakeslit.com/ & http://www.crickhollowbooks.com/

Conflicts of interest, let me show you some.

ETA: To elucidate, I see nothing to assure me this isn't a vehicle to sell editing and marketing services.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 11-02-2009 at 10:42 PM.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Cool Crickhollow question (moved to B&BC)

Greetings, just joined AW and look forward to rewarding exchanges. For now, wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with Crickhollow publishers in Minneapolis (sp?). It's an arm of Great Lakes Literary, with Phil Martin as chief. Thanks much. Lee from Florida

Fearsome Dragon Mod AW Moderator jvc's Avatar
    Welcome to the watercooler. I'm going to magic this over to the B&BC forum. Hang on, here we go...
    Jed.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts - Lots of Fun Facts and Humorous History posts. Parenting: Facts And Advice On Temper Tantrums.

The person in charge of Great Lakes Literary and Crickhollow Books now has Blue Zoo Writers.

Blue Zoo offers clear, fundamental advice on how to write better and get published. Every emerging writer has gaps in his/her skills and knowledge. Blue Zoo provides a way to fill those gaps with best practices: the time-tested methods to build a writing career used by successful and award-winning authors.
    This sounds a bit vague to me. And from the About page:
    Welcome, writers of the world! Blue Zoo is an online learning site for emerging writers, developed by Philip Martin of Great Lakes Literary and Crickhollow Books [more about me to come in a link here].
    Still sound vague. I could be wrong, but it seems the target audience is "emerging writers" who probably don't know how publishing works.