But of course! I realise these bands are household names here in the antipodes, and maybe less so in the US... but they would still be well known, I hope. If not, I apologise!
WELCH PIT / SNOOZER DUDES
- group / group
- second group, formed after the breakup of the first, recently re-formed (sans original drummer, who died not too long ago)
- first group's name is theme-related, with a phonetic spelling to reference their country of origin
- if a lot of people experienced the symptom described by the first band name, then the second band name might describe the situation at the hair salon!
- the prime mover of both bands has a surname more fish-related
- the first band's biggest hit was probably "I Got You".
- the above-mentioned leader has a live solo album with guest performers Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, and Johnny Marr of The Smiths