Google Wave

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Anyone has it? Tried it out? Have something to say about it? Personally, after having tried it out a bit, I find that it could have a lot of potential for writers.

(I don't have any invites to share, sorry)

squibnocket

All-Around Swell Gal
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just started playing around with it. It doesn't seem very intuitive to me. I love the concept and will keep on futzing around with it.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Yeah, I also had some problems with intuitiveness (still haven't figured for the life of me how to get a Wave into a custom folder), but otherwise is a neat piece of software.

I was thinking that it would make it heaven for beta reading and writing collaborative novels.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I was thinking that it would make it heaven for beta reading and writing collaborative novels.

That's what I was thinking. We've used it once already, at the office, to collaborate on an education presentation. Worked pretty well from one end of Illinois to the other. :)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Yeah, the collaborative possibilities of Wave are endless. I think I'm already in love with it, even if I can only use it with virtual strangers.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
If anyone wants to try it out, I have 25 invitations available. I see its potential for betas, too, but so far I've not used it at all.

Deleted member 42

The videos annoy the heck out of me--the text-based documentation is pretty good though.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The videos annoy the heck out of me--the text-based documentation is pretty good though.

Yes, the videos are irritating.

I have 22 spare invites at last count, and I am beginning to loathe it already.

You guys aren't convincing me that its' worth the time and hassle. I've heard people have started taking it off their machines in frustration already... Does anyone like it? Does anyone really, truly adore Wave yet?

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
You guys aren't convincing me that its' worth the time and hassle. I've heard people have started taking it off their machines in frustration already... Does anyone like it? Does anyone really, truly adore Wave yet?

Nope, I don't. Honestly, unless you work on a lot of documents that require collaboration, I don't really think it's worth it. In a beta reading situation it could come in handy because the beta reader can put his/her comments right in the text and the author can see them the moment they're added. But I still don't think it's really a necessary program.

I just thought if there were people who wanted to try it out I'd offer the invites. *shrug*

Deleted member 42

There's nothing to "take off"; it's a suite of Web applications that run in your browser.

Corporate users are adoring it; me, meh, not so much yet.

Deleted member 42

Came back to note that --

Right now Google Wave is what's termed a "closed beta"; that means that it's not a final, finished, feature complete or stable product, and, that you need an "invitation" to try it out.

So it's still early, despite my cynicism.