• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sparkling Books

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theindependentpublishingmagazine.com
This small hardback press started off around the summer of this year. Its proprietor is the author Anna Cuffaro.

In October Sparkling Books will release its lead Christmas title, Gatwick Bear and the Secret Plans by Cuffaro herself. The book is a children's adventure story about a homeless bear who lives at Gatwick Airport and gets caught up in the world of top secret agents.

Next year, it plans to launch The Greatest Crash by David Kauders, "exposing why government policies are driving the global economy into a deeper crisis, why an austerity alternative will be of little help, and what really needs to be done".

Cuffaro said: "We have already commissioned several exciting titles and we are confident that we will continue to unearth talented people with unique and saleable books."

From thebookseller.com
http://www.thebookseller.com/news/94794-sparkling-new-hardback-publisher-launches-in-uk.html

I submitted to them about two months ago, and although I got a rejection, I found their online submission form an excellent idea. They were prompt with a response to my query and requested to see the MS. I got an answer within two weeks compared to the 3 to 6 months for most other publishers.

Kate JR

Registered
Reaction score
Any more updates on this? The last post is several years old and I see Sparkling Books are still in business.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't publish anything in '17, but has a few promised for '18.