The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: SelfPublisherStore.com / SPS Enterprises LLC

figuring it all out

SelfPublisherStore.com / SPS Enterprises LLC

I found this thread in Createspace about Self Publisher Store and then went to their website. It seems like they are working their butts off to get self-published books into chain book stores and Walmart.

Has anyone else read up on what they are doing, or signed up with Self Publisher Store?

https://www.createspace.com/en/commu...art=0&tstart=0

http://www.selfpublisherstore.com/PrelaunchSpecial.html

The fact that they designed such a horrible looking website isn't helping their case.

figuring it all out
    Too true apeteman.

It was the thread at Createspace that got my attention, they talked about all they hope to accomplish and the deals they say are in the making. I think if it is true, then they are breaking ground on one of the major problems self-publishing faces - Distribution.

The thing is - IF IT IS TRUE...

I don't mind putting money out for promotion, marketing and networking, if it is what they say.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    I would wait to see if it is true. Its the kind of thing I've heard a hundred times before, and it ain't happened yet.
    Emily Veinglory

practical experience, FTW MickRooney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zpeteman View Post
    The fact that they designed such a horrible looking website isn't helping their case.
    Not only is it a horribly designed webpage, but it is also dramatically short on any substantive claims it makes to having signed contracts with major retailers. Also, I note in the terms, the selfpublishingstore.com simply act as a viral middleman. Authors who sign up must have an e-commerce site to process and supply the orders fed through to them from selfpublishingstore.com.

Got the hang of it, here valeriec80's Avatar
    Yeah, but forty bucks is less than the buy-in for the notorious Indie Reader (what happened with that, anyway?) and it might be worth it if they can do what they say they can...

I don't know. I'm intrigued.
    Online young adult and dark fantasy novels, available at: vjchambers.com.

Got the hang of it, here valeriec80's Avatar
    And after digging around a bit, not so much. On the forums, they come off as disorganized and confused. The entire concept seems really complicated. Pass.
    Online young adult and dark fantasy novels, available at: vjchambers.com.

figuring it all out
    Yeah, everyone pointed out what I was thinking but refusing to acknowledge. In the hope there might be something to it.

Thats why I came here. I want to thank everyone who took the time to answer for giving me a the dose of reality I needed.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site has fewer than 30 books listed, and doesn't look like it's been updated since 2010.

ETA: Gone Jan '15.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 12-10-2016 at 12:12 AM. Reason: updating w/o bumping
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: