Muse is the Greatest Band of All time!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, you heard me. I heard them for the first time sometime last year, and asked for Black Holes and Revelations that Xmas. Loved it. Bought Absolution, and then the new CD, Resistance. Saw them at the U2 show in DC. They were absolutely the tightest, best sounding band with the best muscianship I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of bands over the years). We didn't even bother to wait for U2, we left after Muse finished their 45min set. Then I bought the rest of their catalog of CD's and DVD's. I am obsessed with Matt Bellamy (singer, guitarist, pianist, and songwriter.

They are the greatest ever, and no one is the US has even heard of them.

Okay, I just had to get that out of my system.

Last edited:

Misa Buckley

Extraordinary Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
misabuckley.com
Muse are indeed very, very good. I'm been a fan since they released "Sing for Absolution" and have all their albums bar Hullaballoo.

I've had the pleasure of seeing them live (first concert in the rebuilt Wembley Stadium FTW!) and they were fabulous. Matt Bellamy is the best songwriter in the UK by a long way. Incredibly talented and with a sharp sense of humour.

Diana, have you seen this vid? It shows why you don't ask Muse to mime...... LOL

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Never heard of them. Wasn't quite sure what to expect when someone says, "Greatest band evah." Reminds me of teen girls going gaga over some boy band, like the Jonas Brothers. But I know Diana isn't a teen girl, so I youtubed them. Interesting. I might have to download some of their stuff.

Reaction score
Au contraire, mon amie.

People in the US have heard of them. They're Stephenie Meyer's favourite band - ha ha!

Also - YOU ARE WRONG, LADY.

30 Seconds to Mars is the best band in the universe. FACT.

Anyone who disagrees is on my list.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard of them. Wasn't quite sure what to expect when someone says, "Greatest band evah." Reminds me of teen girls going gaga over some boy band, like the Jonas Brothers. But I know Diana isn't a teen girl, so I youtubed them. Interesting. I might have to download some of their stuff.

In fairness, SF, I've never been a teen girl, so maybe, I'm just catching up. :)

I highly recommend the following songs for people new to Muse:

"Hysteria"
"Time is Running Out"
"Knights of Cydona"
"Starlight"
"Supermassive Black Hole"
"Map of the Problematique"
"Uprising"

Reaction score
*headdesk*

(Seriously - Jared Leto's band. And no it's not just 'cause I want to do the lead singer and the drummer! Okay, partially...but anyway, 2nd best band = Linkin Park. 3rd best = Goo Goo Dolls. That is all).

Reaction score
I actually do like Muse. There was another of their songs I was going to recommend but the name escapes me and the album's on my other computer.

The Killers rock my socks too.

Grand_Maester

Registered
Reaction score
Muse is pretty good, though there's too many other bands with good stuff for them to be definitively the best. Aerosmith, The Beatles, Stemage (who no one actually has heard of), Dream Theater, etc.
If you really want like the best band ever as far as musicianship, check out Dream Theater. That's like the all-star band.
Though, I generally prefer composers over bands.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*headdesk*

(Seriously - Jared Leto's band. And no it's not just 'cause I want to do the lead singer and the drummer! Okay, partially...but anyway, 2nd best band = Linkin Park. 3rd best = Goo Goo Dolls. That is all).

I'll look into this Mars band of yours, but if they're anything like the other posers you seem to like, I'm not optimistic. :)

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually do like Muse. There was another of their songs I was going to recommend but the name escapes me and the album's on my other computer.

The Killers rock my socks too.

Okay, no I'm feeling better about your musical taste.

Reaction score
Well I can't ask for more than that. :D

(If you like Muse, The Killers would probably be more your thing).

Misa Buckley

Extraordinary Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
misabuckley.com
*headdesk*

There are a couple of 30 Seconds to Mars songs I like, but I've just gotten into The Goo Goo Dolls and love them! I like Linkin Park's What I've Done and New Divide tracks too.

(Actually, I have What I've Done on media player right now)

Reaction score
Diana - the Muse song I was thinking of is Exopolitics. You've already mentioned my two favourites, Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Diana - the Muse song I was thinking of is Exopolitics. You've already mentioned my two favourites, Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole.

Yes, Exopolitics is my Lizzy's favorite Muse song. She was disappointed they didn't play it when we some them three weeks ago.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
oh GOD, they suck.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I saw them at the SECC in Glasgow nearly five years ago and they were AMAZING! I still don't quite understand how three people can make that much noise. I wasn't familiar with a lot of their stuff when I went to the gig but I'm a big fan now. The new album's great.