Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Read requests for scripts and for pages in SYW

.,.~**`New now but you just wait Bubblymi's Avatar

I finished my beat sheet and pilot!!! -> Moved to Read Requests

Yay!
    I think it came out amazing but I'm not to sure...
    I'm wondering if anyone wants to Co-write with me (so far it's me and another person). I would like to co with 1 or 2 other people because that sounds like a good number. If you would like to see my beat sheet before answering just ask. ^-^ Oh, and if you are not interested I would still like to have my script looked over. I'll be more then happy to look over yours in return. !^-^!
    How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

figuring it all out
    Congrats on finishing. I'm still working on my first one. So very different from the novels I normally write, but I'm enjoying it. Feel like I'm stretching my writing muscles.
    Tips for Authors - now available: http://www.alice-anderson.com
    http://twitter.com/AllyAnderson
    Are you on Facebook? Look me up!

.,.~**`New now but you just wait Bubblymi's Avatar
    Why thank you, and good luck with your first screenplay!
    How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

A Boy and his Orc . . . Memnon624's Avatar
    Hi All,

I'm new to this whole screenwriting thing I posted the first six pages of a work-in-progress over in Screenwriting SYW ( http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224475 ), and I'm hoping to get some feedback: does it read well? How's the dialogue? Is the writing too "bookish"? That sort of thing.

Thanks, in advance!

Best,

Scott
    Scott Oden

Out Now: THE LION OF CAIRO

". . . Reads like a cross between the Arabian Nights and a Hollywood blockbuster. Memnon and Men of Bronze put Mr. Oden squarely on the hist/fiction map. The Lion of Cairo assures his place in the very front rank."-- Steven Pressfield (Gates of Fire)

Coming Soon: SERPENT OF HELLAS

I Blog!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin doodles's Avatar
    Hello. I have a short script (2 pages) I'm willing to swap with anyone who wants a read doing.
    A spade is a spade, not a horticultural implement.

I'm working on my first screenplay and was wondering if anyone had time to look at the first fistful of pages and tell me if I'm following the conventions correctly.

Super appreciative :-)

-B

practical experience, FTW Dungle's Avatar
    Is this thread still in use?
    Side stepping, avoiding prayers. Crimson waves turned blue. I would have given you more than you thought I could give. There could have been worse things in my life than you.
    http://www.wearelunchbox.com/

practical experience, FTW
    Hi
    I have a finished script for a full length play
    Is anyone willing to share a completed work for a swap
    Email
    Katemelmore@icloud.com

Thanks

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

SHORT COMEDY SCRIPT.

Gentlemen, it would be a privilege for me if you could read, and hopefully enjoy, my short comedy script.

PULP IT UP is the story of Chris and Zed, two high-school graduating guys who want to film a "Pulp Fiction" remake-fake trailer, but something goes wrong. Well surely not for them. The briefcase replica from the movie, complete with inner fluerescent lamp, goes switched, with another one, containing $100.000. They struggle whether or not to use that money to fulfil their lifetime dream: to film a movie they've written. But is someone after them to get the money back?

The concept is “Pulp Fiction” meets “Superbad”, as I’m profoudly inspired by them. I consider them my favourite movie ever and my favourite comedy ever. It’s definetely “Apatow crew” material. I think it’s a good concept for a movie too, and I believe indeed that this “short-concept” could attract a lot of attention.

Egidio.

LINK TO SCRIPT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5uabq3r7l...0-%20SHORT.pdf
    Last edited by Egidio; 09-30-2013 at 08:00 AM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin southpacificvagabond's Avatar

Smile Looking for a reader w/formatting skills

Hi everyone!

I have just finished my first draft of a feature length Biopic/Drama. I'm very excited about it and can't wait to start the editing process. It feels so good to finally get the characters out of my head!

So I am looking for readers!

Most of the screenwriting I have done thus far has been for small projects and, most often, stage plays. The whole formatting action and breaking up dialogue has become the bane of my existence.
    I am afraid that I have trounced all over the territory of any would be directors and actors.
    Of course, I am concerned with marketability, character development, plot lines, etc but it's the formatting that is going to send me to an early grave.

If anyone would like to volunteer for this Herculean task, I would be most grateful! I would only ask you to read the first 50 pages or so, if that helps?

Just so all the bases are covered, my script is registered with WGAE and there will be NDA's involved.

Please, PM if interested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123