• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Edward Cecil Literary Agency (Daisy Frost)

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Wow - I've searched Google, Amazon, Agent Query... I can find nothing about this agency or agents Edward Cecil, Phyllis Coady. Agent Daisy Frost keeps a rather entertaining blog and writes a column for The Bookseller, but nothing on anyone's sales or clients for that matter.

Oh well, maybe they are off the grid.

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Agent Daisy Frost

She is apparently a junior agent with the Edward Cecil Literary Agency in the UK (I can't find any sales for them - anyone? anyone?).

I haven't found any sales for her either but she writes a weekly column for The Bookseller which reads a little like Hedda Hopper meets TMZ. I follow her on Twitter and her Tweets make me think she's the Perez Hilton of UK book publishing.

Is she legit? Anyone? I emailed her for some background information and she never responded so I'm thinking she's not legit.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Miss Daisy Frost might be a pseudonym, Sask. I believe the Daisy Frost you found is not the same person, and is probably a little bemused by all the attention she's getting now.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Ah--then I was wrong, and she really is THAT Daisy Frost!

She's very funny, isn't she? And fearless, too. She reminds me of me a couple of decades ago.

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Ah--then I was wrong, and she really is THAT Daisy Frost!

She's very funny, isn't she? And fearless, too. She reminds me of me a couple of decades ago.

Indeed, but is she a legitimate literary agent? Has she sold anything? Anyone?

(I have no idea why I am obsessing over this. Maybe I should untweet her. She just seems to spend more time tweeting than agenting, you know, assuming she's a real agent and not Perez Hilton.)