Happy Thanksgiving

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Edward Cecil Literary Agency (Daisy Frost)

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon Saskatoonistan's Avatar

Question The Edward Cecil Literary Agency (Daisy Frost)

Anyone ever hear of them? They're in the UK: http://www.edwardcecilagency.com

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!! AGENTED AGAIN February 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

Wow - I've searched Google, Amazon, Agent Query... I can find nothing about this agency or agents Edward Cecil, Phyllis Coady. Agent Daisy Frost keeps a rather entertaining blog and writes a column for The Bookseller, but nothing on anyone's sales or clients for that matter.

Oh well, maybe they are off the grid.

My Website. Twitter.

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

Agent Daisy Frost

She is apparently a junior agent with the Edward Cecil Literary Agency in the UK (I can't find any sales for them - anyone? anyone?).

I haven't found any sales for her either but she writes a weekly column for The Bookseller which reads a little like Hedda Hopper meets TMZ. I follow her on Twitter and her Tweets make me think she's the Perez Hilton of UK book publishing.

Is she legit? Anyone? I emailed her for some background information and she never responded so I'm thinking she's not legit.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Saskatoonistan; 11-13-2009 at 10:17 PM.

My Website. Twitter.

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    Miss Daisy Frost might be a pseudonym, Sask. I believe the Daisy Frost you found is not the same person, and is probably a little bemused by all the attention she's getting now.

Beats me - she's got a link at their website and her blog says she's with that agency. Maybe those across the pond will have better luck than I am.

My Website. Twitter.

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    Ah--then I was wrong, and she really is THAT Daisy Frost!

She's very funny, isn't she? And fearless, too. She reminds me of me a couple of decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
    Ah--then I was wrong, and she really is THAT Daisy Frost!

She's very funny, isn't she? And fearless, too. She reminds me of me a couple of decades ago.
    Indeed, but is she a legitimate literary agent? Has she sold anything? Anyone?

(I have no idea why I am obsessing over this. Maybe I should untweet her. She just seems to spend more time tweeting than agenting, you know, assuming she's a real agent and not Perez Hilton.)

My Website. Twitter.

Views from the inner circle
    I'm pretty sure she's a real literary agent, but not at Edward Cecil - check out their website. It's a spoof.

I've always been a sucker for a good spoof. Meh - I have an agent now, no worries.

My Website. Twitter.