Hello, hello!

britwit

Registered
Reaction score
Newbie here, I made my first post yesterday in the Erotica forum as I have an ms, which is not erotica at present time that I am contemplating turning into erotica.
It is my first book, I finished it in December of last year and have been submitting it to agents (with no luck) since Feb of this year.
I have been writing since I was small, and I have notebook after notebook of things I have written but I honestly did not believe it was possible to be a writer.
Just flat out-did not believe it.
To me that only happened to other people, in my world you went to college got a nine-to-five job and that was it. Then last year I had a rather extraordinary encounter with of all things a band. Meeting those guys, seeing that they were normal guys who were doing what they loved, not for money or fame but because they loved music, changed something in me.
After a rather enlightening talk with one of them I realized that it was possible to make your dreams come true. Like them I'm not looking to become rich or famous, I just want to write because I love it, and all of these years of denying it did a lot of damage to me in terms of how I feel about myself and my outlook on the world.
Well I wanted to change that so I set down and wrote a book. And I love it so much, despite the fact that I cannot seem to sell it.
So I have five current books in process, one I am almost done with, but I find myself getting discouraged. What if I suck, what if it is just a dream "for other people". To many what ifs to count.

But I am so glad that I found this forum, I wish I had found it and all of you years ago, or at least before I wrote my first book.

So I'm glad to be here and glad to meet all of you!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Hi there, and welcome to AW. My advice to you: never give up on your dream. Realizing a dream can bring you a lot of satisfaction, even if you don't earn any money with it.

Nickie

Mark G

Author of Reborn to Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.markgronwald.com
Welcome! I firmly believe in following your heart. Don't let the feeling of accomplishment and the love of your art be dimmed by rejection.

I'm hoping to remember that myself as I gather my courage to face rejection with my first book...

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
Hi Britwit.

Here's a tip -- go through this site, ask a lot of questions and learn as much as you can about pitching agents.

You can have an amazing book, but if you your query letter is wrong, you'll be getting a lot of rejection. Keep plugging away.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Kitara

I do believe in Faries!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Nice to meet you! Kinda in the same boat here butl I will keep writing and submitting! Good luck!

Cheers!

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
cool! now we have a britwit to add to our qwickWit....

this is getting fun!

oh, and welcome :)

cella