I recently stumbled across a new publishing house, Pandora Project Publishers, that deals in e-books. Googling the name, nothing turned up except for a few titles on Amazon.com that received fairly good reviews.
When I inquired for more information, this is the form response that I received:
Pandora Project Publisher is looking for short stories and novels in Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Historical Fiction, just about any genre. No erotica or excessive language please. We will be publishing the stories as e-books on Amazon Kindle, Mobipocket, and few other online stores. We pay royalties of 8% of retail on e-books. You keep the rights to your work. We ask that you allow us to publish your work for at least two years. We pay royalties twice a year.
If you are not 18 yrs or older let us know your age in the cover letter.
The minimum length is 3000 words.
You may submit more than one story. Make sure each one has it own cover letter.
Please only send work that is finished.
Make sure your work is polished (spelling and grammar).
You must have electronic rights to your work. If you are unsure (and the work is published) ask your publisher. If the work is unpublished then you do own the electronic rights.
We are only (right now) taking submission from the United States
1. Print a copy of your work and send it to us. Please include a SASE if you want the copy returned. Please number each of your pages. If we wish to publish your work we will request that you send us another copy electronically.
2. In your cover letter please include:
b. phone # (house number is preferred, but if you don't have one a cell is fine)
c. email (very important, this is how we will contact you if we are interested in your work)
d. genre (it can be more than one, example sci-fi/horror)
e. submit a one to three line blurb. This is the first thing the reader will see, so make it a grabber.
f. word count
g. submit a brief synopsis, telling the reader a little more of what the story is about.
h. keywords: when a reader uses a sites search engine what word or words might help the reader find your work. Limit key words to fifteen.
3. Do you have art work for your cover or a suggest on what image should be on the cover let us know.
4. Also we would like to hear how you will promote your short story.
-Do you have a website?
-Will you tell your friends and family by email?
-Or any other ideas you have.
5. Keep a copy of these for yourself (if we wish to publish your story, we will ask for these again to be sent by email)
6. ** e-mail PandoraProject@att.net once you have mailed your submission.
a. Place in the subject of the e-mail the title of your work and your last name.
b. In the body of the e-mail place the date mailed and the state. We will notify you once we have received your submission.
7. We will contact by e-mail so add PandoraProject@att.net to your contact list if you have spam blocker.
Mail submission to:
Pandora Project Publishers
12839 Kodiak Ave.
Hudson, FL 34667
Thank you for your interest
Pandora Project Publishers
If you have any questions, email us at
Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not this is a scam, legit operation, or waste of time? Thanks!