• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

IMG Management-Screenwriters & Musicians

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
IMG Management (which is not the same business entity as the IMG Management companies dealing with sports or models) made the mistake of spamming a board where I lurk and a board where someone in my family is active. Each of us visited the website the spam included and mentioned it at dinner.

The website sends out a dizzying display of red flags. No names, no location, no done deals, no client list, no qualifications...

It didn't take long to learn that the same note (IMG Management is a professional, affordable, full service option for musicians or bands seeking representation. Visit http://www.imgmanagement.com for more information.) has appeared on an amazing number of music boards, mostly local or dedicated to a particular kind of music.

Now they've apparently expanded into literary management, targetting screenwriters, and some of the people at IMDb were busy tracking down a bit of information, including tracing the IP that one of the music sites shows along with the note. They're located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada--a long way from the 90210 zipcode shown on their profile (required by one website before posting) or the "NYC" in another.

I didn't look around much, but I saw no responses to their spam-posts at any site I checked except for a few posted just today, presumably by someone who recognized either naive ineptitude or outright fraud.

If you see them, steer clear.

Maryn

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever they were, all that's left is a couple smears of grease from their spam.