Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: IMG Management-Screenwriters & Musicians

Never Surrender AW Moderator Maryn's Avatar

IMG Management-Screenwriters & Musicians

IMG Management (which is not the same business entity as the IMG Management companies dealing with sports or models) made the mistake of spamming a board where I lurk and a board where someone in my family is active. Each of us visited the website the spam included and mentioned it at dinner.

The website sends out a dizzying display of red flags. No names, no location, no done deals, no client list, no qualifications...

It didn't take long to learn that the same note (IMG Management is a professional, affordable, full service option for musicians or bands seeking representation. Visit http://www.imgmanagement.com for more information.) has appeared on an amazing number of music boards, mostly local or dedicated to a particular kind of music.

Now they've apparently expanded into literary management, targetting screenwriters, and some of the people at IMDb were busy tracking down a bit of information, including tracing the IP that one of the music sites shows along with the note. They're located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada--a long way from the 90210 zipcode shown on their profile (required by one website before posting) or the "NYC" in another.

I didn't look around much, but I saw no responses to their spam-posts at any site I checked except for a few posted just today, presumably by someone who recognized either naive ineptitude or outright fraud.

If you see them, steer clear.

Maryn
    Get to work. Success isn't built on the power of your dreams.

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Whatever they were, all that's left is a couple smears of grease from their spam.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: