• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Pam Bernstein & Associates

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com
Last edited:

Droneon

Too clever by a third
Registered
Reaction score
I once asked P&E what criteria they used for "recommended," "highly recommended," etc., but was told they don't give out that information.

I did not find her on the AAR list of member agents.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Nicole, she's listed on a person's website listing who she considers are AAR members. It's not the AAR website.

So...I did a search. No website of their own, nothing much except someone mentioning she's been an agent for several years. Just because someone used her as an agent, doesn't mean she's legit.

Back in 2007 P&E asked P.Bernstein about a reading fee. No response. Reading fee=not good.

As for the post on WritersNet, it's dated 2002.

Last edited:

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com
Ah ok. Thankyou, Droneon & stormie. So in summary, the 'not recommended' by P&E arose from allegation(s) of fee charging and her failure to respond against the allegation(s). Furthermore, she's not listed as an AAR agent which clearly implies steer clear. :p

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Furthermore, she's not listed as an AAR agent which clearly implies steer clear. :p
Not necessarily. Just because an agent isn't a member of AAR doesn't mean they're not legit. We're just clarifying that Ms.Bernstein is not a member of AAR, that's all.

As for the rest of my post.... P&E is a good place to turn to when in doubt, WritersNet statement is from 2002, etc.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The most recent contact info and sales are for Donna Downing (nee Dever), and end in 2007.