What are you thankful for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
oh yes that pink stuff works wonders,
you know the dad in "my big fat greek wedding" and how he used windex for everything?

Well I'm like that with using pepto bismal for practically all stomach ailments :D

Haha, me too! Sometimes coffee screws me all up, but I have to have it...so sometimes I gotta have some Pepto too. Tastes awful but works wonders.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
My floor heater. Free coffee. The creamer that comes with the free coffee. The restroom being so near to my desk for those times that I've had way too much free coffee. My computer being so far from the others so that I have so much free time on the net. That it is Friday.

I've got more...

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I am thankful for the Brooklyn Public Library, and especially the Central Branch at Grand Army, which is open 7 days a week!

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
coffee, things that smell good, epsom salts, piles of books, typing skills, fire, fireworks, comfy slippers, comfy boots, snow, evergreen trees, spiced cider, rum, my mother's nose, my father's imagination, feet that do what I tell them to, frosty grass, wool coats, strong legs, old pictures, lavender, twinkle lights, travel journals, dream journals, vivid dreams, lucid dreams, memories of dreams, and a boxed set of I Love Lucy DVD's.

Reaction score
I am thankful that I have a place of my own to live. After this past week, I've come to realise how important it is that I'm able to lock the door on the world. This doesn't make me anti-social in the truest sense of the word. This doesn't mean I hate people. It just means I need peace, and an environment which I control, rather than that which controls me.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thankful for being born at a time in history where my sex isn't considered property in the civilized world.

(Hmmm, I'm having one of those afternoons where my sentences don't look correct.)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thankful for the obvious, Mr. Susie, my friends here at AW, the fact that we get through each day somehow and thankful that every once in awhile an editor surprises me with an acceptance and I'm sure there are other things I'm thankful for, too... :Hug2:'s.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Since Susie is slacking off, I'll say it: I'm thankful for chocolate.

:D

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
1. I am thankful for having a home,wonderful kids,and a job to support both.

2. I am thankful for the ambrosia,the nectar of the gods aka coffee. Praise thee!

3. I am thankful for dark chocolate w/almonds. The precious,precious stuff. Amen.

4.I am thankful to be born at a time in history when I am free and not the property of someone else.

5. I am thankful for fellow writers with the patience of Job who so kindly offer their help to a newbie like me.

6. I am thankful I made it through the terrible teens with my oldest. Really,these teens nowadays would have gotten a hard slap and tongue lashing back in my time. Now three more to go!

7. I am thankful for my wonderful imagination.

8.Though it has it's share of problems,I am thankful for The South. The cooking,the culture,and the way of life. It's my beloved home forever.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
* My health, both mental and physical.
* The roof over my head.
* My sense of humour. Gawd knows I've needed it lately. :rolleyes:
* My girly.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thankful for the ESPN game of the week. And if #5 LSU beats #1 Florida, I'll have more to be thankful for. :hooray: :partyguy:

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thankful for the ESPN game of the week. And if #5 LSU beats #1 Florida, I'll have more to be thankful for. :hooray: :partyguy:

Florida proved they're #1. :( LSU sure to slip in the polls.
I'm thankful they didn't beat LSU any worse than they did.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thankful for getting it up in the morning. Everything else is just gravy.

Yeah, I think that's a good one.

It seems more and more difficult to get up in the morning as I get older. I just lie there and think, Do I really have to get up?

And everything hurts in the morning. Thank God for coffee!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I'm thankful that I live in a place where I can feel reasonably secure, where we're free enough to have things like talk radio and public protests, where I can get quick and sufficient medical treatment, where I will not go hungry, and where I do not live in fear of the police or military.

I'm thankful for my physical health and wellness and that of my baby's.

I am especially thankful to have a partner who is loving, responsible, and trustworthy. Also cute and funny. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.