Yet more evidence of the idiocy of media financial pundits

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
I think it was Will Rogers who said something like:

Making money in the stock market is easy. Buy a stock and when it goes up, sell it. If it doesn't go up, don't buy it.

Much of current financial advice, especially from the media, is about as useful.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
That's it, I'm going to write my own daily analysis of the Dow Jones Industrials index, occasionally mentioning NASDAQ, ESPN, ISDN and other entities important to the world of finance. In no time I'll have many followers and get hired by some big news source to write exclusively for them.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
That's it, I'm going to write my own daily analysis of the Dow Jones Industrials index, occasionally mentioning NASDAQ, ESPN, ISDN and other entities important to the world of finance. In no time I'll have many followers and get hired by some big news source to write exclusively for them.

Which is how to make money in the stock market.

caw

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
"Yesterday the Dow was hungry, so it ate a cheeseburger. Some people believe that tomorrow it's going to want fries."

In the words of Lou Costello: "Same as you! Same as you!"

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
I think it was Will Rogers who said something like:

Making money in the stock market is easy. Buy a stock and when it goes up, sell it. If it doesn't go up, don't buy it.

Much of current financial advice, especially from the media, is about as useful.

The more I think about it, the more it seems that doing the opposite of what most other people are doing is the best strategy. Sell when people are buying, and buy when people are selling.

GregB

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
No, it's rumors that oil-exporting nations have been meeting secretly to discuss replacing the dollar.

Saudi Arabia denies it.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Somebody's overpaying you, Celina. The dollar's currently worth less that 4 cents in 1913 dollars -- that was the day before the Federal Reserve started the printing presses.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
No, it's rumors that oil-exporting nations have been meeting secretly to discuss replacing the dollar.

Saudi Arabia denies it.

I probably haven't held a dollar in my hands for a decade. Everything is plastic.